back to article DHS chief goes nuclear on cyber security

The US government is to shut thousands of points from which outsiders can access federal computer networks to about 50, Homeland security chief Michael Chertoff revealed today (Tuesday). In a keynote at the RSA Conference in San Francisco, Chertoff outlined the government's plans to protect itself from cyber attack. he even …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. E

"...you are seeing the tip of the iceberg here"

Odd, the Bush administration is normally much more open about it's pork barrels.

2. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

Odd? A chimpanzee is in charge of global security?

I bet General Groves' body has turned critical after nearly 10 years as a cyclone.

Probably vapourised.

How come we don't have a tit icon?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

$7.2 billion no?

"Increasing funding for IT security through the President’s FY 2009 Budget Request of $7.2 billion for these efforts, an increase of $600 million over the $6.6 billion dedicated to this area in FY 2008 across the Federal Government."

i.e. $20 per man woman and child per year on top of their debt.... about $1000 a decade per family.

Is that more or less than the Federal taxes paid by Microsoft in 2007? Let me guess... it's more isn't it? Say 1 million PCs in Federal government, that's erm $7000 per PC to secure them. Oik. Oik.

Remember folks, the $ is only worth what you believe it's worth because there's no trade surplus backing it up, and all their resource reserves are less than their consumption.

As long as Bush/Cheney continue to run a deficit and 'borrow' from the Federal bank (basically print money against a phoney 'loan' to a 'bank' that will never foreclose no matter that they never make repayments), that $ is just worthless paper.

4. TranceMist
    Thumb Down

Blah, Blah, Blah

Typical administration or legislation without funding.

Another mess.

This topic is closed for new posts.