back to article NSA is 'great at some sophisticated tasks but oddly bad at the simplest'

It's all going down in Redmond! Last week, chief exec Steve Ballmer announces his retirement, this week, the one-time king company of computing announced it's going to slurp down the tattered remnants of Nokia's mobile business. Yes, in a bizarrely timed acquisition, Microsoft has decided to take them newfangled speaky-boxes …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. lansalot

here's an idea...

How about... get on with some WORK, and get some EXPERIENCE instead of collecting pieces of paper.?

1. Alien8n
      Alien

Re: here's an idea...

If only it was that simple. I have plenty of experience but many companies out there won't even look at my CV without a bit of paper.

I remember when I switched departments in a previous job and the IT director's response was "oh well, we'll find something for you to do" when I told him my highest qualification was an A level. This was despite having developed the company's entire manufacturing platform, reporting tools and the engineering department's intranet solution for distributing those reporting tools. While at other companies I've been tasked with building solutions for Pepsico, the US State Dept and done technical support for some of the world's largest publishing houses. The common denominator in all those jobs is the size of the company I was working for, small enough that they'd rather have the experience but also small enough that they won't pay for the training.

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Known for getting into a boxing ring with his (film) critics.

Hence the joke about "raging" Boll.

With friends like these....

3. Syed
    Coat

NSA is 'great at some sophisticated tasks but oddly bad at the simplest'

Rain Main springs to mind.

4. Alister

Julien [sic] Assange and Edward Snowdon [sic]

One hopes that he learns enough about the people he's basing the film on to at least spell the names correctly.

1. Richard 120

TM

It's just to avoid trademark infringement.

2. Vociferous

Not much risk of that.

> One hopes that he learns enough about the people he's basing the film on to at least spell the names correctly.

It's UWE BOLL, our time's Ed Wood (if Ed Wood had been motivated to make bad movies as part of a ploy to defraud investors, scamming the German government out of arts funding, and dodging taxes).

5. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Pint

"We will continue to build the mobile phones you’ve come to love"

No you won't.

You're going to make Windows Phones now.

Enough said.

6. Fin in Canada

"them newfangled speaky-boxes"

Priceless. This phrase made me sign up.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

oh dear

the ironic red top is looking less ironic.

quips, re-hashing and celeb angles .....

might wanna actually do some investigation, analysis and some reporting before you invoke the community spirit in the last line.

just sayin'

8. Vociferous

> Uwe Boll, is planning a Snowden and Julian Assange-inspired movie

Hahahahahahaha that is SO fitting in SO many ways!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like