back to article Nokia 8800 Arte and Sapphire Arte handsets

If you want to put your money where your mouth is, the Nokia 8800 Arte is a luxury sliderphone with a eyebrow-raising price tag that says more about you than your average Nokia ever could. This pair of high-class handsets demand you splash the cash not for the latest smartphone functionality, GPS receiver technology or video …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark Rendle
    Thumb Up

Not about features, is it?

This is clearly a phone for someone who hates phones with lots of features but still wants one that costs a lot of money. Me, for example.

</drool>

2. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Getting near pub time?

"Niether the 8800 Arte (left) and Sapphire Arte (right) have no front-facing cameras"

What?

3. jazz
    Alert

OLEDs

Just to let some people know. Nokia are having a huge recall on these phones as the OLED screen has problems.. LEDs dying

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Nokia scam-phone?

So, you're paying 1000 pound for a phone because you are very altruist and want to give your hard earned money to Nokia?

An then people say Apple's Jesusphone is overpriced...

*runs and covers*

5. Tony Barnes
    Thumb Down

@ AC - Nokia Scam

Damn straight - I love Nokias, but this is a piss take way to get money out of people with too much of it, and too little sense!

The vast majority of the missing features (stereo headphones, SD card, flash, jesus, most of the phone) are very standard on crap phones - so how the hell does this get such a high score?

Going from some of the over the top wording (parts read more like a press release) - I can only assume the review model was a keeper, on the promise of a good score!!

6. eugene

look at it in context

Some people would pay for build quality and the fact that it's a premium phone.

After all, people pay premium prices for Mercs, Jags, and BMWs that have less features than e.g. a Lexus.

Some people really just have too much money. If they want a phone, and have plenty of money and aren't tech nuts, it's a drop in the ocean. So, why not? They could shred the cash and dump it in the trash and not blink an eye.

I wouldn't mind being one of them. :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like