back to article Tumblr! boss! bags! $81m! if! he! stomachs! FOUR! YEARS! at! Yahoo!

Tumblr founder and chief exec David Karp made a whopping $81m in his deal to sell the blogging site to Yahoo! for $1.1bn. According to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Karp will get $41m in Yahoo! stock and $40m in cash over the next four years - but only if he remains a Yahoo! employee during that time. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mtech25
    Coat

4 years at Yahoo!

I think the question here is will Yahoo! be there in 4 years time?

2. Alan B
    Alert

Don't you think the exclamation mark after every word for Yahoo! news items is wearing a bit thin now? It was a novelty the first time it was done, but now it is just bloody annoying.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Don't! you! think! the! exclamation! mark! after! every! word! for! Yahoo! news! items! is! wearing! a! bit! thin! now?!

No!

C!

1. Alister

Re: Don't! you! think! the! exclamation! mark! after! every! word! for! Yahoo! news! is! etc!

he only does it to annoy

because he knows it teases.

3. rcorrect
    Coat

sell the blogging site to Yahoo! for $1.1bn

Next week's headline, "Tumblr Mass Exodus."

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Serious shopping spree

"The billion-dollar buyout was the biggest she's made since she took the reins in July."

It's August now, and she has made multiple purchases already, one of them costing her over a Billion dollars?

You'd think that negotiations and decision making take a while when you spend money on that scale...

1. I think so I am?
      Coat

Re: Serious shopping spree

Don't be daft! its not real money! its paper money!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like