back to article Another Chinese thing you can see from space: Lenovo's sales

PC maker Lenovo appears to drawing ever closer to its goal of seizing the global box-shifting crown from giant HP. The Chinese dragon's momentum, built up over the last few years, shows no sign of slowing. The company had to sort out some small integration issues of swallowing IBM's PC business in 2004, but after six years of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That is becasue they offer all their machine pre downgraded to Windows 7 from Windows 8.

Nobody buy windows 8 if they can help it. I work for a reseller I know.

Plus Lenovo have fixed their biggest issue inthat they actually make it possible to find specs and accessories without having to sell your soul or wade through their website.

They still have an issue with some laptops listing things as optional and not telling you if its actually installed.

1. Steve Knox
      Paris Hilton

Re: That is becasue they offer all their machine pre downgraded to Windows 7 from Windows 8.

Nobody buy windows 8 if they can help it.

Eadon? Is that you?

I work for a reseller I know.

Don't we all work for someone we know?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: That is becasue they offer all their machine pre downgraded to Windows 7 from Windows 8.

> Don't we all work for someone we know?

I'm guessing that this isn't necessarily true for a hitman.

1. Don Jefe

Or the Pope...

1. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Or the Pope...

I don't understand. Do you mean the machines are downgraded to the Pope, or from the Pope?

2. phr0g

We only buy Lenovo. And strangely enough they come with Windows 7. And immediately get upgraded to 8 and Office 2013.

It's a shame they are 1920x1080 now mind you. That sucks.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Huh?

"after six years of slog, more or less from 2010 onwards"

I just got up. I had no idea I has slept that long.

1. Gavin King

Re: Huh?

I thought the same on the first read. I think what the author was trying to say was that Lenovo bought IBM's PC parts in 2004, spent "six years of slog", then started making some sort of progress.

I'd probably have put it as " It took six-odd years to sort out the integration of IBM's laptop business, purchased in 2004, but since 2010 it has been full steam ahead."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like