back to article Four-core Opteron box fiasco crushes Cray's 2007

Cray has blamed delayed shipments of Opteron-based servers for a likely massive fall in 2007 revenue. The supercomputer maker today warned that its midpoint forecast for 2007 revenue has been lowered to $200m from previous guidance last month of $230m. The revenue drop comes as a result of delayed XT4 system shipments and could …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alex Brooker

.....can't....look....away.....

I haven't read the article, I can't. The huge Dell banner ad to the right makes it impossible for me to concentrate on the words. I am only 27, I don't think its my brain.....

2. Michael Martin

Answer:

I probably shouldn't mention this, considering The Reg probably makes a lot of its advertising on ads, but...

Firefox + Adblock Plus = No Dell banner ad.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More annoying by they day...

Firefox + Adblock Plus = No Dell banner ad.

Yep, the ads were just getting too annoying, particularly the popup layers that started a few months back, so like you I filter the lot now - whoever at el reg thought moving away from unobtrusive but well lucrative ad and link units was a good idea is very wrong - there's no faster way to lose ad revenue IME than adding this kind of bull - especially on a site such as this where practically all the readers are tolerating (and clicking) ads by choice not ignorance.

4. Demian Phillips

aye.

Them Intel ones where the CPU chip magically stops viruses via demonically possesed dogs/agent smiths really can drag a machine down. I almost gave up on the register, but blocking is a better solution, this way I can keep up on my pop star sex headlines.

This topic is closed for new posts.