back to article Huawei boss: Next CEO won't be member of my family

The Chinese telecoms giant won't be listing itself on any public exchange, and the founder's kids won't be taking up the reins either - as their dad reckons they're not up to the job. Ren Zhengfei, who founded Huawei with a fistful of cash back in 1988, is now 68 years of age. Rumours have been circulating that he'd pass …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A Western face at the top?

Someone who can go toe to toe with grandstanding US politicians, perhaps?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Communist Party

"When questioned by the US House of Representatives, Huawei admitted that the CEO can overrule the ESOP, and that the Communist Party maintains a committee within Huawei, though the power that Committee wields is speculative."

This is SOP at all Chinese companies, it doesn't mean that they are all beholden to the Party. In the same way they all need to have an "information security group" to advise on data security.

1. Aldous
      Trollface

Re: Communist Party

except the "information security group" don't usually require brown envelopes full of money to approve new projects/deals. of course Beer, Curry and cattle prods usually help

3. nuked
    Black Helicopters

I heard they laughed and said they'd gladly reciprocate whatever assurances Google were able to confirm.

4. minky

Ren Ping

You'll find him in the Connectivity Department.

5. Chimp

Dear Ray Bill ..

Mr. Ren would like his surname back. Yes,I know it's complicated... but do try to keep up.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like