back to article Command Windows with Powershell

Deleted

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wonderful!

The ultimate development in Windows technology!

Now all other operating systems will only look on with envy at what must be regarded as "next generation" OS management - scripts!

I think MS should patent this to prevent it being copied in Linux implementations... oh, wait a minute...

2. Dr. Mouse

Wow!

Lets all bow down to Microsoft for "inventing"(tm) a "brand new"(tm) technology. Will their genious never end? What are they going to come up with next? Maybe something I don't think they have ever dreamed of, an operating system that will stay running without rebooting for more than a week, or even without a reinstall for more that a month? I think we'd all die of shock!

Hey maybe thats why they don't do it. They'd loose all their customers from heart attacks!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm

I won't knock M$ for providing additional functionality - but they certainly well shouldn't trumpet this as an achievement - as the above people point out.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Windows Scripting -- New

I've been using Wilson WindowWare's Winbatch product since 1998....but I guess that counts as "new" in Redmond!

5. Frank Bellavance

A litle overblown

[quote]this revolutionary new technology[/quote]

So we can say MS finally implemented something Unix and the likes have had since .. the 70s, and it gets called "new and revolutionary"? Either the sarcasam is so tick it broke the floor, or someone needs a wack on the head.

6. Graham Lockley

Scary !

Do we really need a new replacement for the security nightmare that was Windows Scripting Host ?

I can almost see the 'Patch Tuesdays' lining up.....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Windows Powershell running under .NET it's just silly...

An OS shell that's running inside a virtual machine (just like Java) that .NET is ... well, it's pathetic, to say the least. Just to waste system resources, make the shell less connected to the real OS and more to the .NET virtual machine...

Microsoft is pushing .NET everywhere inside their OSes just to waste RAM and system resources more and more and to let the worst programmers code something that apparently works more or less. .NET is even worse than Java, which is a real nightmare compared to C++, the most pathetic thing about all these C#,Java and virtual machines is that they support less UML than C++ and can't offer any real low-level programming. When coding having to deal with limitations put there by either Microsoft or Sun it's far from good if you are not a novice, you end up wasting more time than ever if you want or have to achieve something that in C++ could require even a little effort.

8. Tom Cooke

U**x, anyone?

Thought Microsoft didn't want anyone to do this stuff? Thought it was all 'policies' this, and 'locked-down desktops' the other, and GUI for everyone....................

9. tim chubb

script kiddies 2.0

notepad is to old skool for the little fartknocking phone fetishist's

they need a drag and drop gui to make there "l33t" remotely eject ur cd drive script..

This topic is closed for new posts.