back to article Lots more virtualisation, cloud, added to TAFE courses

Several new subjects on virtualisation and cloud computing will shortly be added to ICA 11, Australia’s national curriculum for vocational education and training in information and communications technology. ICA 11 defines the curriculum used for courses taught at colleges of technical and further education (TAFEs, a tier of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. koolholio
    Boffin

A degree in awards anyone?

Configure and manage advanced enterprise virtual computing environment

Monitor and troubleshoot enterprise virtual computing environment

Design and configure enterprise desktop virtualisation

Manage security controls for cloud service deployment

Direct the development of a cloud computing strategy for a business

All of those tasks would probably be worthy of a Noble Award!? no?

2. Brian Scott

Um, sorry about your slow news sources. ICA11 was published in 2011.

This is the second year that we (a TAFE in regional NSW) have been using these units.

1. Dave Brooks

Wrong, These are NEW units.

Brian, you have not been using those units as they have not been released yet and probably won't be until August. The sign off for them was two days ago. I was on the panel evaluating them.

While there were some virtualisation related units already in ICA11 (I wrote most of them), the program goes through a continual improvement process and these new units form part of that process. Please fully read the article before posting ill informed comments.

1. Brian Scott

Re: Wrong, These are NEW units.

I apologise. It looked like a late announcement for the existing units. I look forward to reading the new units when they become available.

3. Neoc

Available as stand-alones?

I'm not interested in doing yet another degree; but if these courses were available as stand-alone classes, I'd sign up for them.

I don't need them for work, I'm just interested.

4. Dave Brooks
    Thumb Up

Many of the TAFEs run part time short courses using the various vendor programs that tie back into the qualifications.

Box Hill Institute, where I work, runs various VMware, Citrix, Cisco and Microsoft short courses throughout the year. You can see the complete list on our website.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like