back to article Apple sued in server-to-iPod song shift patent clash

Apple has been sued again, once more by a company claiming ownership of technology embedded in the iPod and iTunes Music Store. The plaintiff is one ZapMedia Services, which alleged in a complaint filed with the US District Court for Eastern Texas that the Apple products infringe patents it holds for distributing digital …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ben Gibson
    Unhappy

Patents

It just staggers the mind that something like that this can be patented by companies. It ranks alongside British Telecom trying to convince everyone that it, and it alone owned the right to the basic hyperlink.

It really takes a certain kind of person to hurry on with there business regardless of them knowing that the human race would be that bit better off if they were just to die today, or never even be born.

2. Matt Horrocks

And the next patent is...

...using speakers/headphones to play back said music! Oh no, sue everyone for doing that, someone must own "using speakers/headphones to listen to music".

Utter nonesense.

3. Dave

The purpose of patents?

I thought the original purpose of a patent was to encourage innovation and progress. It appears to have changed 180 degrees and is now a mechanism for stifling innovation and progress.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@ Tony Smith

Typical commentary from someone bitter about their own inability to invent or create something original and therefor receive appropriate compensation for their efforts.

Not that I necessarily agree with all the lawsuits...but patents are important; like it or not, friend.

The only thing that staggers the educated mind is why so damned many of us are forced to surrender the results of our effprts to some (oftentimes) lazy SOB whose wallet is already fatter than any one of us drones.

5. jai

ridiculous patents

i wish i'd thought to patent the practice of patenting very generic ideas in the hope that someone in the next 20 years will do something along the same lines so that then i can sue them for millions without having to do any work myself

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rocking Horse poo collector...

n/t

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like