back to article Enterprising 'early adapter' tries to hawk Google Glass on eBay

Online bidding for a set of Google Glass nerd specs reached $15,900 on eBay before the auction site took the listing down. A seller in Cleveland, Ohio, claimed to be one of the few invited to take part in the Google goggles pilot programme, set up to see how folks will use the kit, and said he would hand over the hardware for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. B-D
    Big Brother

See, there is a use

for Big Data after all...

I wonder how much time it took between the auction going up and the Google BD system flagging it up as a keyword hit?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: See, there is a use

Big Brother is watching.

2. danR2
      Terminator

...and sending the arguments to an eBay app function which automatically deleted the ad?

The days of CEO's are numbered.

3. Diziet Sma
      Joke

What on earth has google's Bangladesh office got to do with it? O.o o.O

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So that scruffy looking bespectacled guy with glasses you saw a few years back talking to himself wasn't a mentally ill geek, but a time traveller wearing Google glass.

If this is the future then there's no hope for us.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

" bespectacled guy with glasses"

Redundance.

1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
      2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

As a bespectacled guy, I would point out that until Google release a prescription pair, I would have to wear my normal glasses at the same time. Even if the augmented reality beamed onto the google lens can be tweaked to offset my short-sightedness, that's not much use if the rest of the world is a blur.

Anyway, my point is that for all us four-eyes out there, wearing two sets of specs will be the only possibility.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Glass with glasses?

I imagine it would be fairly trivial to alter the shape of the lenses as I don't think the technology actually depends on them being any particular shape. So if you like, Google Glass is just a frame into which your choice of lenses can be fitted, thereby easily becoming a pair of prescription spectacles..

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

> So that scruffy looking bespectacled guy with glasses you saw a few years back talking to himself wasn't a mentally ill geek, but a time traveller wearing Google glass.

I think I saw that idea "Serial Experiments: LAIN" back in the 90s'

1. Diziet Sma
        Thumb Up

That was a wicked little anime.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sneaky bugger :)

if the cost was USD 1,500, then he (she?) would have sold it through "buy now" option - for USD 1,500. Why not write honestly: "I want to see how many of you out there are stupid enough to outbid each other, so that I can pocket the fruit of your feeble-mindedness?" I bet this would have brought in more offers :)

4. Doogie Howser MD
    Happy

What after this?

Google Monacle, as approved by Chris Eubank?

1. Derpity
      Thumb Up

Re: What after this?

I'd be more likely to wear a futuristic monocle...they'd look pretty sweet I bet.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like