back to article Mystery storage startup sheds cloak, reveals $22m package

Stealthy startup Exablox has just dropped its cloak and announced its existence to the storage world after amassing $22m in funding in two rounds. The start-up certainly has buzzword marketing down pat: it says it is "re-imagining storage" to solve "pain points". I don't know about you but I find myself in a pain point when I …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Trollslayer
    Thumb Down

Oh

Dear

God.

2. hamsterjam
    Joke

It's quite clear what this company's product is...

...it's an "eierlegendes Wollmilchschwein"!

3. Dr Who

That's great, I'll have to remember that one!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yawn...

All well and good but will anyone (apart from the 26 guys who work there,) ever see as Exablox SAN sat in their server room? I doubt it.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Sack the marketing guy ...

I don't see any synergies being leveraged.

1. DJ 2
      Pint

Re: Sack the marketing guy ...

not static nor dynamic, no synergies at all.. They might just succeed, at what ever they are doing.

An now it is Beer'o'clock have a merry drinking season..

2. Anonymous Coward
      Flame

Re: Sack the marketing guy ...

Hey now! What's all this crazy talk about firing the marketing guy! It's never a good idea to fire the marketing guy!!

Don't make me go all "adding value to your customer ecosystem" on you!!

6. Rampant Spaniel

BS Phrases

I remember when I was in uni there was an app for my palm iiic that would randomly generate bs phrases like those. We used to try and work as many of them into assignments as possible without getting caught. It was always easy to do in HCI courses.

7. slightly-pedantic
    Facepalm

The sad bit is they probably think they're writing clearly!

I've seen loads of business plans- and enterprise software ones were the worst- that used this kind of description and yet the founders were confused when you politely said you hadn't any idea what they actually sell. I blame the business academics drumming into folk that you "sell on benefits not features"- that works for some stuff but it kind of presupposes you have some idea what the stuff actually is!

8. Tim 8

Cleversafe meets Isilon

putting together the clues, it appears to be scale-out NAS built on erasure code protection, perhaps with a RESTful API on top.

A reasonable concept. It will all come down to quality of implementation and not being too scary as a startup. 20ish people doesn't leave too many to answer the phone 24x7. Small object performance will kill them, so they'll need some adaptive handling of that.

This topic is closed for new posts.