back to article Another not very long period of time, another GiffGaff collapse

O2's cut-price operation GiffGaff is down again, with customers unable to make outgoing calls for the last half hour - and no sign of a fix in sight. GiffGaff outages are becoming all too common, to the point where a failure in data yesterday wasn't worth reporting, but when users are disconnected entirely it seems worthy of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. chriswakey

Mine was down for a while, but as it coincided with my number porting over, I'm not too bothered..

It's back up and running now anyway.

2. Arrrggghh-otron

Not completely diconnected...

Data is still working so voip calls are still possible...

1. Arrrggghh-otron

Re: Not completely diconnected...

^ Not completely Disconnected even...

3. CapnAHAB

My voice calls are working OK , just checked at 12:30

4. The Serpent

No lack of service here. Been using the phone all day on and off.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What have you got against GiffGaff? do you hate the fact that they offer a decent price or should everyone pay way over the odds for mobile connectivity?

One outage earlier in the year was the fault of O2, this one is Giffgaffs fault. Hardly all down to GiffGaff is it?

6. Mad yakker
    Thumb Up

Everything is working fine for me in Edinburgh.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So, it looks like it was fixed fairly quickly and they provided updates during the downtime.

For the price, you cant really argue with that.

At least with giffgaff u seem to get what you pay for whilst all the other networks you pay far far more than you get.

8. Mad yakker
    FAIL

Old news?

GiffGaff had this as being resolved at 11:35. Your article was posted at 12:19

9. mrfill
    Mushroom

So slow... to update articles

The fault was fixed by 11:31, the article posted at 12:19 some 48 minutes later but obviously no one at The Reg could be bothered to check before posting.

Before pointing fingers and claiming that "O2's cut-price operation GiffGaff is down again, with customers unable to make outgoing calls for the last half hour - and no sign of a fix in sight." it might just be a good idea to verify the story.

Currently the Reg article has been faulty for over an hour and there is no sign of a fix in sight.

Glass houses..... stones

10. SJRulez
    Happy

I had about 10minutes where I couldn't make calls, hardly a massive disruption and lets face it if I had the same on another network it would take me 10minutes to get through the call center minions to report it anyway.

11. amarkr2000
    Alert

hmmmmm........................

looks like it was fixed in under an hour....

an upgrade that went wrong but unlike previous examples at O2, Voda and Royal Bank of Scotland, they were able to roll straight back to the previous version.

Come on El Reg.......did this really deserve the copy atributed to the incident?

12. Longrod_von_Hugendong
    Alert

Total Bollocks

Its working perfectly fine.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like