back to article Prime Minister on Twitter: Me and Obama, we're like THAT

British Prime Minister David Cameron couldn't resist tweeting a cheesy picture of him apparently having a telephone conversation with the re-elected US president Barack Obama on Thursday afternoon. So, Barry-o, tell me about this Reddit thing. Where does one read it? How does one write it? The frankly embarrassing image was …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. J. R. Hartley

What a scumbag.

2. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

What's the problem with the picture?

Or is he supposed to stand at attention while speaking to the POTUS?

1. Irongut

Re: What's the problem with the picture?

Well he could be on the phone to his mum.

Or your mum.

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

Not my Mum, he'd never get a chance to talk...

2. noboard
      Stop

It exists, that's the problem with it. A great example of the pointless tat posted on these sites

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
        Windows

Don't know what the problem is either.

I would probably be picking my nose, too.

It's just Obama on the other side. Guy falls down stairs, plays the clown, rips the constitution, prints money, has fun grilling sandpeople ... swell person. Always ready for a laugh.

3. JDX Gold badge

Surely there is more worth in following the PM than some 2-bit popstar?

1. Oninoshiko
      Joke

I don't know. I'm pretty sure pop stars are more intelligent.

2. Matt Bucknall
      IT Angle

What about 64-bit pop stars?

4. LPF
    Thumb Down

Spot the sad labour Tw*T , maybe if you bunch of scum had not messed up the economy so much, this country would be in a damn better shape than it is now!!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang_%28financial_markets%29#cite_note-analysis-0

2. Martin 47

....... actually I think you will find it was New Labour which did that and it was you scum that voted for them.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: messed up the economy

The same global economy that was messed up by that commie faggot GW Bush, you mean?

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Re: re: messed up the economy

Please, someone, anyone, explain to me in details how is it that deregulation messed up the economy(ies)?

1. Patrick R

Search for Fool's Gold.

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Credit derivatives? Caused the crisis and messed up the economy? LOL! No.

And in any case, derivatives trading is the most supervised, watched, overseen, regulated part of banking. All of the problems caused by misunderstanding and misuse of derivatives happened right in front of the regulators who were just as stupid as those who they were supposed to regulate. More regulation would not have helped. One regulator or 21, they would have missed the same thing in the same way.

But, anyway, the derivatives may have aggravated the crisis a bit, may have sped up the realisation that the good times were over but they did not cause the crisis. So what did?

5. FunkyEric
    Mushroom

Now now children

Play nicely, or we'll take your toys away from you.

1. unwarranted triumphalism

Re: Now now children

Shan't.

6. stupormundi

Who's ma etonian?

You ma etonian, Lots Of Love

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Why yes, I DID take out Payment Protection Insurance!

£5000, you say? Tell me more…"

8. Self-evidently!

iFail using LOOSER

Honestly brits your all so stupid. Why did you elect this FAIL????

Its either brainwashing or your all too stupid and are crApple users yourselves.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Re: iFail using LOOSER

0/10, would not troll with.

2. MJI Silver badge

Did you see the choice?

Gordon Brown

Nick Clegg

David Cameron

Could have had someone else but they wanted Cameron not Davies

At least ID cards have been destroyed.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"your all so stupid"

Oh the ironing...

4. Stumpy
      Facepalm

@Self-evidently: *ahem* G.W.Bush *cough*

... people in glass houses and all that ...

1. I think so I am?
        Thumb Up

Americans did it not once but twice!!!

We all know that David is on borrowed time.

His own party think he's wrong (how much to give Europe) and that its of such importance they can go to Oz for a ITV funded holiday.

9. JaitcH
    FAIL

'Outstanding partnership' = between a master and a sychophant ?

A very easy test.

How many military bases does the UK have in the US? How many military bases does the US have in the UK?

Some 'partnership'.

And, Cameron, after you've fixed the extradition treaty, how about tossing that load of US spy dishes, in Yorkshire, into the garbage and reclaiming at least a modicum of British pride.

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. Ketlan
    Thumb Down

I can't swear enough for this post...

'Spot the sad labour Tw*T , maybe if you bunch of scum had not messed up the economy so much, this country would be in a damn better shape than it is now!!'

I hate you Tory bastards so much. You are self-serving vermin, every one of you,

12. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

Presidential phone calls.

I particularly enjoyed the tale related when Reagan turned his toes recently. This occurred just after he'd put the; "Remove all of 'em" option on the table at the START talks in Reykjavik, trumping the Soviets' proposed reduction of intermediate range weapons in Europe. In spades. The ungodly commies had gone away to think about it.

Back in the Oval Office an aide walks in to find Ronnie on the blower with a very audible and continuous bollocking coming from the other end. It was Maggie, who was talking the opportunity to point out that the missiles in question had preserved an uneasy peace in Europe for decades and that she thought he must be completely barking to even suggest getting rid of the bloody things.

The President saw the aide, held the phone away from him with Mrs T's diatribe still in full flow, put his hand over the mouthpiece and said: "I love this woman. Not even my wife dares to speak to me like this.".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like