back to article HP deed-poll drama: MORE new names for storage kiddies

HP is currently rebranding its storage arrays as StoreSomething and the HP X9000 IBRIX scale-out filers are looking to become HP's StoreAll product line, with the 3PAR block arrays becoming StoreServs. The company has already announced the StoreOnce, StoreVirtual and StoreEasy brands. It looks as if there are going to be more …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
    Flame

What is this, the fucking Teletubbies?

Does no-one use proper grown-up product names any more?

GJC

2. thondwe
    FAIL

Marketing Fail

Seems that HP Marketing haven't anything better to do then. We still use the product names as they were before HP brought the companies - Lefthand, 3PAR etc. I suspect we're not alone. Worse than that, is that they've tried to merge these products tech support into the core HP Support structure. The trouble is that the original support teams were offering a far better service than HP ever has - by all means buy up these little guys to provide investment etc, but please leave their names and support alone!

3. Nate Amsden

you bored bro?

You have almost as much free time on your hands as I do Chris!

4. Pondule

New racks too

Could do with it, cable management on the old ones wasn't so good.

5. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    FAIL

What was wrong with StorageWorks?

Oh silly me, if wasn't invented by one of the many HP CEO's.

6. Gaius
    Stop

Dear God HP

Please just stop. In fact you should have stopped at AutoRaid.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rolled back to old version now, doubtless on a torrent of Donatelli spittle.

8. IO-IO
    Facepalm

IT nightmares

We should send Gordon Ramsay in to sort them out.

Their management GPS is so off course they've driven into the sea and kept on going.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like