back to article Sony Ericsson W880i slim phone

Ultra-slim phones are a gimmick, right? Yes, they're mere millimetres from front to back, but in shaving off around half the thickness of a standard candybar, the phone makers must have compromised on the skinny handset's feature set, surely? Sony Ericsson's Walkman-branded W880 is now readily available - we look at how well it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iSync Compatibility

Nice phone, and yes, it does work perfectly with Apple's iSync. I use it wth an iSync Phone Plugin from: http://mobile.feisar.com/ - works great, and very simple to set-up.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quality

I have lived with this phone now for about a month and it still makes me smile. Not experienced a single problem with it and very happy with the specs. It might not shine in a particular area like a dedicated camera or mp3 player, but the convenience of having it in my pocket at all times and ready for the quick picture, or music on the go, all to a good standard, is awesome. Yes I did just say awesome !!!

3. tebiru

buttons

It's a shame about the buttons. I can't stand buttons that dig into your fingers, or where you have to use your finger nails to push them properly.

If they released the same phone with a similar keypad to the W800, I'd grab it in a flash.

4. oliver

m2 2gb

You can get 2gb m2 memory cards - m2 has 32gb max size.

5. MaJoLo

Does it order iTunes ripped albums correctly ?

My w850i does not order the tracks within albums I ripped in iTunes correctly despite claming to support iTunes music. A terrible ommission considering Sony's reputation as a music player manufacturer.

Does the w880i have the same issue ?

6. Greg Landecki

Linux and W880i

You can easily connect to Linux box via phone USB cable.

I used that quite a lot (with phone in the 'disk mode'). Linux correctly identifies it as "usb storage" device and you can access the card without any hassle.

It works via bluetooth as well, but USB is useful sometimes

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like