back to article Eavesdrop plod: Nobody's listening to me (any more)

The former Thames Valley detective at the centre of allegations that police bugged MPs' and lawyers' visits to prison inmates says he still hasn't heard from the official enquiry. This has reportedly led "a friend" of his to brand the enquiry "meaningless". This morning's Telegraph quotes an unnamed chum of Mark Kearney, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark

So what does a Wise Lawyer do?

Are they expected to have wiretap detection equipment to delouse any room they are in?

Tell their client never to tell them anything that may be considered incriminating?

Say "fuck it" and invite a police officer in so that EVERYONE knows that the conversation isn't private?

If there's no ban on wiretaps, can I start bugging the council offices? After all, the police are only human and so am I (apparently).

2. atlantic

Where's the mantra

Come on you boring wankers. Where's the retard..uh register mantra-

It's George Bush's fault, it's America's fault ...blah ..blah...blah

Crybabies

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Re: A Wise Lawyer

Would charge the Police Officer for "Consultant" Fees.

Right, off I go then!

4. Ian Rowe
    Stop

Re: Where's the mantra

Beware the troll.

5. night troll
    Pirate

@ Beware the troll.

What! I'm innocent guv! I didn't do it.

6. Maty

@ night troll

>>What! I'm innocent guv! I didn't do it.<<

Ah, but what if we can produce a taped 'social conversation' with your lawyer in which you admit that you did?

7. Dr Patrick J R Harkin
    Coat

There's an obvious defence

"That conversation was a spoken rap piece, intended for my new album 'How I Would Have Done It' and your possession of an illegal copy of it is an infringement of my copyight! RIAA, sic 'em!"

8. Shakje

So...

"and Kearney himself says the visits were considered to be social rather than lawyer-client in nature"

Must be ok then, if the person doing the bugging considers the conversation social. Does no-one else see the huge problem with the above?

9. Tom

Social call

The problem I see is that a lawer, a deffendant of justice, is socialy visiting convicted terrorists in prison. And he's a human rights Lawer? christ, this fucking stinks, no wonder they're bugging the little shite. Show him the way to guantanamo, and i'll delight in listening to the wire tap of him having 'social calls' with the interogation officer there.

This topic is closed for new posts.