1. Corinne
    Go

Tea deathmatch?

Come on Lester - we've had the various post pub nosh deathmatches, and a drill down into the perfect bacon butty. Now how about how to make the perfect mug of tea to go with it?

This one could run & run, with views ranging from builders tea that can be used as painstripper at 50 paces to straw coloured fluid in china cups.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Tea deathmatch?

Nice idea, but maybe a little difficult to convey the nuances. We'll have a mull and see what we can come up with.

2. Simon Millard

You cant beat a good strong cup of Yorkshire Team.

1. Corinne

Yorkshire tea I completely agree with, but for me it needs to be medium strength & I like a fair amount of milk in it

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. M Gale

I do like a good strong builder's brew, but at the same time I've got a number of odd fruit or herbal things that taste quite nice.

For my nomination as far as this topic is concerned, though? Twinings-brand Chai. Awesome spicy Indian thing.. no I am not a hippy.

1. James 47

chai is amazing but the jar stuff isn't great, if you want it hot it'll be too watery. It's a bit of a PITA to make yourself but all you need is strong tea (i use assam), cardamom pods, cloves, ground peppercorns, cinnamon, ginger and sugar. Boil the spices in a frying pan in a little water and some milk in a pot. When the water has boiled off.a.bit add its contents to,the milk

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon