back to article John Key accused of Dotcom ‘brain fade’

New Zealand opposition politicians believe they have a sniff of prime ministerial blood in the Kim Dotcom case, after PM John Key released the results of a review by that country’s Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB). Releasing the results of the review here, the prime minister says “I received no briefing on the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This whole government suffers from Alzheimers.

They are all forgetful. Or should I say they are selectively forgetful when it comes to dodgy things like this. But then again, should we be surprised. They are, after all, politicians which translates to English as dodgy, forgetful jackass.

1. Rumournz
      Facepalm

Re: This whole government suffers from Alzheimers.

a lot of people here in New Zealand a sick to the back teeth of the whole dotcom saga - and want him gone, along with the nazi err national government - this may be a chance to be rid of them both . on the other hand, with the government spending so much time putting the fire out it stops them buggering up the rest of the country

1. kiwimuso
        Pint

Funny. I obviously talk to different people to you. A lot of people I talk to would certainly not agree with you.

I haven't heard of anyone actually wanting Dotcom to be gone, maybe off the news, but not gone. Most people I talk to consider the way the whole affair has been handled, from the Americans, via the FBI, the NZ police and GCSB. Whether you like Dotcom or not is utterly irrelevant as to whether his arrest was a considered and appropriate action for for what in fact, should be a civil case anyway, by the various rights holders.

As for National gone, all governments outlive their 'use by date' given too long in power. They either become bereft of ideas or they start assuming that they can do anything they like without compunction or mandate.

I don't think National have quite reached theirs just yet, but the Helen Clark government way outlived theirs.

Beer, while I wait to see what the outcome will be.

1. kiwimuso
          Facepalm

"Most people I talk to consider the way the whole affair has been handled, from the Americans, via the FBI, the NZ police and GCSB."

Whoops, I appear to have not completed this sentence.

I think I was going to say:

Most people I talk to consider the way the whole affair has been handled, from the Americans, via the FBI, the NZ police and GCSB, to have been poorly handled all round at best, and an over reaction with bullying tactics at worst.

Face palm for not proof reading properly before posting.

2. elderlybloke
        Happy

I am NOT sick to the back teeth about Mr.Dotcom.

I get a lot of entertainment out of it all-especially Mr. Keys screwing round and round trying to convince us he had nothing to do with the illegal armed raid on Dotcom's house.

I doubt that Dotcom is anymore of a criminal than a well known Mr Bob Jones.

Mr. Jones admitted a few years ago (after checking on Statute of Limitations) that he had begun his financial empire building by means of getting money for the sale of a Building BEFORE he owned it.

That is certainly illegal and he deserves be Mr. rather than Sir Bob.

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

You can tell he's lying

1. He's a politician

2. His lips moved

3. See point 1

3. cortland
    Paris Hilton

believing that as a non-citizen he was fair game for wiretaps.

But they can fix THAT.

Make it so, Mister Riker.

Paris, because there's no Enterprise.

4. sueme2
    Facepalm

Good news

The sub moron who lead the spooks has been put in charge of a boat that hit some rocks. They promoted him after all this? Way to wave yer wally.

5. Alan Brown Silver badge

Governer General could intervene

But his last job was...... head of GCSB - and not very long ago either.

This topic is closed for new posts.