back to article Taobao shoots pirates on Hollywood's orders

Digital piracy just got another kicking after China’s largest e-commerce marketplace Taobao struck a deal with the Motion Picture Association (MPA) designed to cut the number of copyright infringing goods sold on the site. Taobao is often described as the eBay of China, offering a C2C environment where small firms and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A large effect

I'm sure it will have.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: A large effect

I was in Shanghai shortly after a crackdown on fake designer goods.

They were still freely available. They just weren't in the front of the shops. I expect this agreement will be similarly effective.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Even corrupt China is cracking down

Copyrights are being enforced world wide, as they should be. Might as well get use to it or a jail cell.

3. Dan Paul
    Devil

China - A good place to send MPAA Stormtroopers

Please send them all over to China so they can be "Disappeared" and the rest of the world can rest easy that the MPAA are "Doing their job" (In the slave labor camps of Foxconn)

4. Tony Paulazzo
    Mushroom

So,no actual shooting then?

Pussies! One dead pirate would do more to stop copyright infringement than all this sneaking around convincing governments around the world to curtail consumers freedoms.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What freedom is that then? The freedom to get what you want without paying? So where then do you draw the line so we have to start paying for things?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like