back to article China's net addiction staff told to stop the beatings

China’s much-feared internet addiction treatment centres are set to become a little less grim for inmates after it was revealed that any instructors found to be using physical violence would be stripped of their job. China was one of the first countries in the world to recognise the peculiarly modern affliction as a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Happy

One of those 'Cure is worse than the disease' situations.

I only wrote that to delay having to switch my 'pooter off.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Clockwork Orange

Say no more.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I can relate

When I see collegaues skiving on Facebook for hours on end I too feel like beating the shit out of them. Skiving on theregister however of course is entirely excusable.

3. nanchatte
    Coat

Fatal Beatings

Yes, he's Lying up in sick bay now... Stiff as a board and brrrrright greeen.... And I feel it's very typical of his current attitude.

4. ppp.an
    Unhappy

I still do not understand the desire to beat up a child, or adult for that matter, as a form of treatment. Loss of job? I'd throw 'em in the brig.

5. Magani
    Linux

Like the old saying...

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

6. John A Blackley

I see an opportunity for El Reg

Every hopelessly addicted fanboi and every frothing-at-the-mouth Apple hater obviously need regular beatings to restore a sense of normality.

An El Reg bootcamp opportunity?

7. Old Handle

You know it's pretty bad when the Chinese government has to crack down on someone for human rights abuses.

8. Garibaldi
    FAIL

Justifying Internet censorship

Isn't interesting how red china jumped to internet addiction bandwagon yet they never talked about tv addiction, or its harmful affect on human being?

Hint: Communist party control media but not world wide Internet.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good means to lower over population

These ignorant people need to learn the hard way as they are too dumb to learn any other way.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like