back to article Nokia's N95 successor slips out on web

Nokia is rumoured to be on the verge of announcing the successor to the popular N95, following the discovery of tech specs on the mobile giant’s German website. The Finnish phone giant has since closed the page, but not before a selection of sites managed to scrawl down the handset’s tech specs, which have caused many to dub …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Adam Auden
    Thumb Down

So where's the link?

Where's the link to these specs then, you big teases?

2. Jay Andolini

N96

This comment:

"24 GB total if you spend an extra $80"

Means you can increase the storage capacity of the N96 if you purchase an 8GB memory card. Nothing more.

3. Owen Carter
    Paris Hilton

RE: Adam

"The Finnish phone giant has since closed the page"

4. Richard Granville

Specs link

http://thenokiablog.com/2008/02/07/preview-nokia-n96-specifications-leaked/

Above are the "leaked" specs

5. David Gosnell

RE: Owen

"but not before a selection of sites managed to scrawl down the handset’s tech specs"

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Fantastic - battery life will now be <1 day

With a DVB tuner, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth etc. etc. you can expect <1 day battery life. The N95 has totally pathetic battery performance.

Unless of course you turn off 3G, GPS etc. in which case give me back a Nokia 6310i !

7. Dave Smith
    Happy

battery life could be alright

Has new Symbian 9.2 which means dynamic page files/voltage and therefore a huge reduction in battery power required even compared to N95 with the latest firmware that has this feature.

Point noted though, will see how long this lasts in tests when it comes out.

I wonder if the GPS is better than the N95?, the flash/memory/size/shape is

8. Giles Jones Gold badge

More of the same

N95 and the N95 8GB where very similar, this just looks like an N95 + TV.

Nothing as different as the iPhone is. Is this the best Nokia can do?

9. Bradders
    Alert

USB charging please.

I really hope that nokia get their act together and support charging via the mini-USB lead. It was a real missed opportunity with the n95.

And lets hope they also get rid of the menu lag, which is in my opinion the most annoying 'feature' of most symbian based phones.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like