back to article TalkTalk pitches cut-price mobes to own customers

ISP TalkTalk has hopped on the mobile bandwagon pitching a pay monthly package for just a fiver. The catch: you have to be an existing customer - it's metaphorically flipping the finger at everyone else: "You must be an existing TalkTalk customer to be eligible for mobile services" - and you have to be happy to take Samsung's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Go to TalkTalk for a Mobile?

And suffer that steaming pile of dogshit that TalkTalk call customer support? Thay's have to be paying me to take te service - and a damn' sight more than a fiver a month.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Go to TalkTalk for a Mobile?

If you're here, you're supposed to be computer literate. What on earth are you using call centres that expect 99% of the time to have to deal with thickos when Talktalk have a very good web user forum for any issues, staffed by competents?.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Go to TalkTalk for a Mobile?

I know TalkTalk have a forum. It is a little better than the moronic call centres (you couldn't actually get much worse, could you?), but I've seen some of the exchanges that go on, on the forum and many do, quite frankly, beggar belief.

I stand by the comment.

2. Ottman001
    Flame

I had a phone call from TalkTalk trying to sell me this recently. They were very rude and persistent and were not taking "no" for an answer. They actually tried to trick me into agreeing to being sent a SIM card to "try out" and when I questioned if had I agreed to that, would I not be in the very contract I had already said three times I was not interested in, the chap admitted that I would be. I should have just put the phone down on them. I won't make that mistake again.

Then they sent me an e-mail asking me to take part in an survey regarding the experience. I refrained from expletives but they got my feedback, oh yes.

3. chipxtreme
    FAIL

Or just get an Ovivo Mobile sim card for a one-off £5 and get 200 mins, 200 texts, 500mb of internet every month for free. Been using them a few months now and also run on the Vodafone network. I'll stick with these thanks.

1. pig
      Thumb Up

I'd never heard of them, but I think I might get one for the iPad now.

The iPad was a gift and I never planned on putting a sim in it, but at those prices I could well be tempted.

2. The Serpent

Good luck drowning in all those adverts

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Have you actually tried it?

Got an Ovivo SIm in a standby phone. The service seems to be actually very, very good. Yes, you do occasionally get an ad page as you navigate between web pages, but that IS, after all, how the thing is funded, isn't it?

In the starkest possible contrast to TalkTalk, all my questions sent to their support desk have been answered comprehensively, accurately and the same day, often within minutes. I accept this will reduce as the customer base expands but, for the moment at least, it is a refreshing change to get competent support from someone who cares. ARE YOU LISTENING TALKTALK?

4. jason 7
    Meh

BT Broadband did a similar deal through Vodafone a few years ago.

Nothing new. I got a HTC Winmob smartphone for £5 a month.

Was great until I found out that 07777 numbers cant be transferred to a non Voda based network.

That narrowed down my options when I cancelled it but wanted to transfer the number.

1. Rich 30

Re: BT Broadband did a similar deal through Vodafone a few years ago.

I didn't know that.

What's with 07777 anyway?

5. jason 7
    Unhappy

Not sure.

Its just that when I tried to move to T-Mobile and some other network they both said that they couldnt take 07777 numbers due to them being locked to the Vodafone network.

So had to find a Voda subsidiary.

Was a bit frustrating.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like