back to article Vodafone loses access to punters' records in IT cock-up

Vodafone is investigating a glitch with its billing system that left its workers unable to access UK customer accounts today. Punters contacting Voda to chat about their accounts were told that was impossible because the computers that host their details were down. Voice calls and data on the mobile operator's network carried …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. sproot
    FAIL

Ho Fucking Ho

"By 11.30am Vodafone's spinners said that the issue had been largely resolved."

Well that's funny, it's 2pm by my watch and the billing website *still* isn't working, can't get copies of my previous bills.

1. Anonymous John

Re: Ho Fucking Ho

Largely resolved". You're probably the only customer still affected.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

They still

Found time to send me 3 unsolicited text messages telling me how good their offer is with a free S3.

And I haven't been using Vodafone for 6 years.

2. Bakunin
    Trollface

Marketing talk.

"It is on the way to being stabilised"

Well, not working at all could be considered a pretty stable state.

3. rpawsey
    FAIL

Sympton of Deeper Problems.

I am aware that technical problems have been going on at Vodafone for over 2 weeks. We were told that a software upgrade had taken place and was causing issues back on the 19th July, and according to this report there are still on-going issues. The standard response from Vodafone throughout has been 'Call back in a couple of hours' with the sub-text of 'It'll be the end of my shift by then'.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Sympton of Deeper Problems.

On the 23rd July their systems took a lay down for the afternoon.

Over the past year or so, Vodafone's customer service has been getting worse. Orders and requests that used to take hours (24 at most) to process, can now take several weeks.

4. tony2heads
    FAIL

preferable?

This is at least preferable to most other sites that hand out everyone's data willy-nilly I suppose.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: preferable?

I work for a company with over 1,000 mobile with Vodafone. Our end-users seem to have little trouble in getting super-user access to our account.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. James Yeomans 1
    Holmes

No change then

Goes with their shocking email support, clueless telephone support and "If we give you a tenner will you go away?" attitude when you go higher up the chain..

I spoke to someone who 'worked in Stefan Langkamps office' a few months back to complain about the website never being available, always being slow and the generally rubbish user exeprience - her comment was "Yes, we know it's not great, we have lots of comments about it.." - enough said, if you ask me..

7. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Thank you Reg

For not including 3-4 random twitter comments in this story.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not news

I work for a back office department at Vodafone and the system going down isn't news. It's rare that a day goes by without one thing breaking or another, I think it's held together with Blu-Tac and safety pins - it's appalling. I worked for O2 between 2002 and 2006 and VF's a million miles behind where O2 was then.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Vodafone MDS?

Is it included in the screw-up?

10. Chris Young
    Unhappy

Their customer website ...

... truly is a pile of pants. Sorry, I can think of no better description for it.

It is so bad, in my experience, as to be virtually unusable.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like