back to article Qantas gets rocked by Amadeus

Airlines Qantas and Virgin Australia went into temporary meltdown on Sunday morning (EST) when the Amadeus ALTEA platform which they both use was affected by unspecified technical issues. The global glitch left passengers unable to check in across domestic and international flights with staff having to resort to manual …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chad H.

Dr Karl

Good to see "Dr" Karl finally getting some recognition on El Reg. Now employ him to write something.

1. Martin Budden Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: Dr Karl

No, please don't. His "explanations" frequently contain factual errors and urban myths. He is a crappy media presenter and an even worse scientist.

2. dibbz
    FAIL

So tired of speculation.

The only way you get this leap second bug on unix/linux is if you crontab ntpdate, in which case you are probably having this happen regularly if your clocks go fast. Go hire a suitably qualified admin.

If you run ntpd then the time is skew'd back slowly by slowing the clock, not jumping backwards.

If you don't know how IT works then stay out of speculating, thanks.

1. batfastad
      Facepalm

Stay out of speculating, thanks!

Err, read this? http://serverfault.com/a/403767

Stay out of speculating, thanks.

3. Z80

Confused me too

Seven pips in the time signal on the radio - thought I was going loopy until the presenter explained it.

4. LJRich

Qantas

QANTAS is an acronym - Queensland and Northern Territories Air Services. Please don't call is Qantas.

At least you didn't call it "Quantas", as the BBC have been known to...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Meh

Re: Qantas

Crikey ! A tad pedantic. Their logo is all upper case. However, in just about everything else it's Qantas.

I checked all my Qantas business cards from 20 years ago, plus Annual Report. But frankly, who cares ?

2. Najnesoog
      Headmaster

Tell it to the Marines... Qantas' own website is full of references to 'Qantas'.

3. Chad H.

Actually if we really want to get pedantic, Qantas is a shortened version of the full original name - Qantas Empire Airways - a Subsidary of the Queensland and Northern Territories Air Service (This parent was wound up shortly after nationalisation).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like