back to article American Jezebel solicited 'freelance' hit men on Craigslist

A 49-year-old Michigan woman has been arrested after she tried to hire a hit man on Craigslist. Last November, Ann Marie Linscott posted an ad to the famous classifieds site in the hopes of finding someone who would agree to kill the wife of her internet-savvy lover, The Associated Press said. Linscott's Craigslist ad said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Craigslist

"Curb alert!"

2. Michael Miller
    Pirate

That's not how you do it.......

Advertise a dead pool. 5k(or however much) to whoever predicts the time of death for a particular person.

3. Andy
    Boffin

Internet dating

People on internet dating sites are:

1) Sane and mentally competent

2) Good looking and not morbidly fat, oily, or otherwise disgusting

3) Single, available, and not cheating on their wife/husband/life partner

You may choose a combination of any 2 of these characteristics.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is $5000...

...a *lot* of money in the US? I hear the going rate in the UK is £5k-£10k. Blimmin dollar-pound price hikes.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Now that would be cheap

Maybe some crackhead would do this kind of job for $5k (or even less) but a pro would not.

Luckily.

6. lansalot
    Go

aye aye...

"At some point, Linscott told the man she would like to move to Butte County."

Oh, to meet a woman like that ! Best euphemism ever ?

*sorry*

7. Hans Mustermann

Re: Internet Dating

Actually, maybe you're a bit optimistic. In her case it sounds more like "pick one". She was married and cheating on her husband (there goes option 3) _and_ obviously not entirely sane or stable (there goes option 1.)

Though, to give credit where credit is due, I must admit that even "pick 2" can be scary enough. I mean, one can live without option 3 (if she's going to put out, anyway), even without option 2 if one's desperate enough or has certain fetishes (some actually like overweight women), but insanity is scary. It can go all the way to acquiring an obsessed stalker with homicidal tendencies. (Think, "if I can't have him/her, then, by Jove, noone else will.")

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Assassins

' - that she was looking for "silent assassins". '

Are there other kinds? Noisy assassins wouldn't have much job security I'd imagine

9. Mark

"silent assassins"

Have you not seen any american movies? The assasin inhumes with extreme prejudice.

10. Graham Marsden
    Pirate

I always liked Frontier Elite's version

Where you'd get messages like "We would like <name>'s career to have a fitting ending in the XYZ system" :-)

11. Joseph Zygnerski
    Joke

reminds me of another story...

I just read the other day about a woman who contacted a company called "Guns for Hire" looking to have husband killed. Turned out that they staged gunfights for movies.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like