back to article US doc finally fingers elusive G-spot

A retired US doctor reckons he's finally nailed the elusive Gräfenberg Spot – the alleged nerve bundle in the vagina's front wall which can legendarily provoke a profound earth-moving experience. To pin down the G-spot, Adam Ostrzenski of the Institute of Gynecology in Florida flew to Poland last September and performed a " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Would have thought the "visible human" project would have found this ..

personally I know it exists ...

AC because ....

2. Lunatik
    Coat

I feel sorry for all those researchers' wives and girlfriends...

1. ArmanX
      Joke

As the old joke goes...

Researcher, artist, and engineer discussing wife vs. girlfriend. Engineer says, "I prefer having a wife; I don't have to adjust to any changes, she knows all my quirks, and if I forget a birthday, it's not the end of the world."

Artist says, "Ah, I prefer a lover - the mystery! The passion! Always a fire burning!"

The researcher chimes in, "I prefer both." The others stare in shock as he continues, "That way, my wife always thinks I'm with my girlfriend, my girlfriend thinks I'm with my wife, and I can go to the office and get some real work done!"

2. JohnG

"Hi dear, how was your day? I have some news - I will be going on a business trip to Europe next month. I am going to spend a few weeks trying to find the G-Spot on a selection of Polish women."

I bet his expenses claim makes funny reading too - I wonder what the IRS will make of it.

3. rootdev
    FAIL

Journal of Sexual Medicine?

Why should journalists check both their facts and their sources?

Read this most enlightening expose of this "story" http://bit.ly/InJIoC

1. That Awful Puppy
      Pint

Re: Journal of Sexual Medicine?

How about lightening up a bit? It might be pure, erm, bollocks, it might not be. The story is fun to read, but not nearly as much fun as looking for the damn spot, whether it exists or not.

Pint, because you deserve one for providing us with the other side of the coin, as it were.

4. GreggS

Is it only dead women..

that have them?

1. Ageless Stranger

Re: Is it only dead women..

And feminists too (apparently)

1. Yag
        Trollface

Re: Is it only dead women... And feminists too (apparently)

What is the difference?

5. Doug Glass
    Go

Not knowing exactly where it is ...

... can make it a lot more fun trying to find it.

1. Thomas 4

Re: Not knowing exactly where it is ...

It's in Poland?

No wonder I couldn't find it.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"He's not allowed to do such "forensic" procedures on bodies in the US and Canada,"

Why Not? seriously.

1. peyton?

I don't understand this claim either

USAian here, and I've seen dissected cadavers first-hand (in that case, for academic use). We just had a story, on El Reg, about a woman's torso that was intended for research in Florida... something doesn't add up there.

And even if it is somehow not allowed in the US, he still seems to be fixated on Polish women.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It is real...

but the best bit is the linked story below...

"American search team fails to find women's G-spot" - Excellent!!!

Surely the G-Spot orgasm (squirting) is now something well known???

Why has it taken modern scientists so long to find what Grafenburg had already found???

Wonder when they will locate the C-Spot...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not in the UK

the BBFC refuses to believe in female orgasm, making any videos with squirting borderline obscene, as they claim it's urination. *You* know the difference. *I* know the difference, but it's enough to make something "extreme" ....

1. LinkOfHyrule
        Joke

Re: Not in the UK

I've got a mate who runs a tissue company - he reckons the BBFC is one of it's biggest customers!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: It is real...

G-spot orgasms and squirting are independent things. Either can happen without the other.

8. Sureo
    Happy

Maybe....

we should get Google on the job. If anyone can find the G-spot it should be them.

1. LinkOfHyrule
      Paris Hilton

Re: Maybe....

Your search returned 0 results. Please make sure you have thrusted correctly and try again.

Why not set up an email alert for "G-Spot" and Google will email you every time someone somewhere screams the house down!

9. Chazmon

well im shocked

I was genuinely looking forward towards a nice article about gravity or another natural phenomina starting with a g thinking the title was a cunning inuendo.

Turns out it was meerly descriptive, im not sure if this is a good or a bad thing!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

>"strong and consistent evidence"

I've seen "strong and consistent evidence" for its existence. Oh yes :)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: >"strong and consistent evidence"

She faked it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: >"strong and consistent evidence"

Yawn - if you haven't found it yet I suggest you try to do this past foreplay.

It is *much* easier to find if she is excited (it's actually hard to miss then). For those of us who have been "there" (and I don't mean Poland - thanks for that comment :) it's almost inconceivable that there is so much doubt about it. Sad, really..

11. scarshapedstar
    WTF?

Honestly

Given all the corpses that have been dissected over the years... nobody's ever found a frickin' blue grape?

12. Steve Evans

"83-year-old cadaver"

I assume they mean the cadaver of an 83 year old, or an 83-year-old's cadaver

If not, then eeeeeee!

13. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Does it say in the bible that everybody's got one? (every woman, that is)

And how far is all this G-spot stuff a rearguard defence against the pro-clitoris lobby?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's probably not safe to say "rearguard" in these comments.

2. Wize

"Does it say in the bible that everybody's got one?"

Who wrote that bit of the book? John the Baptist/Gynaecologist or was it attributed the big invisible fairy who did all that stuff in Genesis without any witnesses and never told anyone?

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is what he found

actually part of the clitoris?

1. JimmyPage Silver badge
      Boffin

Re: Is what he found

Wasn't there a story a few months ago, where researchers suggested that the clitoris was actually a much bigger structure, that went deep inside the vagina ? Sort of 9/10 below the surface ?

15. JaimieV
    FAIL

What amuses me

is that there are never any female scientists on these research teams.

16. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Really

As long as he does his research on dead bodies, I don't see how he can conclude anything.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Really

I disagree. He has shown that there is *something* at that location which indicates scientifically it's not just myth - there is an area which is substantially different from the surroundings.

17. YARR
    IT Angle

Yes, but what's the IT angle?

1. Lghost
      Happy

@Yes, but what's the IT angle?

Depends where you're cuming from..

2. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Oh dear..

What's the first sign that technology has matured? It carries pr0n.

Any other questions?

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Amazing

Amazing that there is still discussion and uncertainty about this. Yes the G-spot most certainly does exist, exactly where this latest research says it is, and yes it does work, and anyone who hasn't found it simply wasn't paying attention.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Unfair

-You never make me scream.

-That's because you're a silent witness.

20. b166er

Re Googling it. Feeling Lucky?

According to a rather entertaining video on TED, corpses CAN experience orgasm, so he should have known if he found it?

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Orgasms?

Q; How can you tell if a woman fakes her orgasms?

A; Who cares?

Anonymous as my better half may read this and I would like to keep my GentsVeggies where they belong and preferably un-bruised. ;-)

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Obviously no-one considered

Using thermal imaging to locate said G spot when um, aroused.

Should light up like a neon sign methinks, judging by the equivalent response of the male equivalent.

AC/DC

This topic is closed for new posts.