back to article comp ended

Competition ended Trophy. Image via Shutterstock

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. stuartnz
    Meh

I wasn't surprised or particularly disappointed to have my suspicion confirmed, but it might have been nice to have saved me a couple of mouse clicks by putting "UK residents only" in the article. Other reg competitions have done so, which is why I thought that, just maybe, the lack of any such proviso in the article meant it was open to all.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

what bit of .co.uk don't you understand?

El-Reg has always been a UK tech site, and upto recently devoid of all your crappy US tech reporting.

1. Anonymous Coward
        WTF?

@AC 09:28

Many of us readers aren't in the US or UK. And I fail to see what the domain ending has to do with the competition being open to the UK only, the EC, or the USA.

2. BristolBachelor Gold badge
        FAIL

Re: what bit of .co.uk don't you understand?

The URL I get says: http://www.reghardware.com/2012/04/25/htc_one_x_compo/

As for UK only, it has an awful lot of stuff about down-under for UK only...

3. Piro Silver badge
        Thumb Down

Re: what bit of .co.uk don't you understand?

Hm, AC, plus, the guy you replied to had "nz" at the end of his username.

I wonder, if, possibly, he's from New Zealand.

2. caffeine addict

"whinging its way"

It has Register commenting software preinstalled then, yes?

3. VinceH
    Facepalm

big beats

Am I the only one who did a double take at that, initially reading it as 'big breasts'?

4. Jason Togneri
    FAIL

Penta-core?

Both your blurb here and the review on the compo site say "penta-core" but the competition options for CPU are only single, dual and quad. Is this a trick question? And more to the point, do I win one for pointing it out?

1. Code Monkey
      Trollface

Re: Penta-core?

I'm guessing "yes", then "no".

2. Sir Sham Cad

One of the cores is (I think) dedicated GPU since it's a Tegra processor, and the remaining cores are CPU.

1. corrodedmonkee

It's 4+1... 4 real cores, and a low power core for conserving battery when the other main cores aren't required. Though, technically the question is badly worded... but the closest appropriate answer is 4 core... except... If you're talking about the One X non LTE version, because the LTE version of the One X is a dual core not based off Tegra 3... so technically you could answer than Single, Dual and Quad are all valid in their ways.

So I really should have one of those eight for knowing all that. Thanks RegEds ;)

3. deive

The processor is a tegra 3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Tegra_3_.28Kal-El.29_series it has a quad core A9 processor plus another 500MHz low power core...

5. gribbler

mobile friendly?

Bit of a shame really that the competition site is such a mess on mobile...

6. Andrew James

I'm not normally one for competitions... but

this one seems like its worth a punt.

1. Pooka

Re: I'm not normally one for competitions... but

Likewise..... Looking at an upgrade in 2 months anyway - so winning one of these would be a definite help!

2. Dave W
      Thumb Up

Indeed.

It's Mrs W's birthday next month. I f I were to win one of these, that's her present sorted and I can spend her birthday fund on Plex for Eve Online :)

DW.

1. Andrew James

My Mrs is currently looking for the right upgrade. She wouldn't like this though, because its not as pocket friendly as she would prefer, which is a massive shame. Honest.

Unfortunately I've still got just under 11 months until my next upgrade is due. Which almost makes me want to throw up with rage while the Mrs consults me on what current phones might suit her best.

7. Pavlov's obedient mutt

agree....

...with the other non UK chap

get it, yes, yes, yes, you're a UK based company, us mainland euroweenies have no right to freebies, etc, but a small note on the main page reminding us of our inadequacies (UK only.. for example) would be welcome.

or even better let us compete too...

8. arsacane
    Unhappy

Too bad it's only for UK residents. Can I ask why?

1. Kyoraki

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how impossible it is to get goods in and out of the UK without it geting covered in a thin film of Mr Cameron's saliva.

1. QuinnDexter
        Joke

...or more likely, xenophobia

This topic is closed for new posts.