back to article Samsung boss vows siblings won't see a penny of inheritance

Samsung Electronics chairman Lee Kun-hee has vowed that his siblings won't see a penny more of his father's inheritance than they already have – and said that he'd sue them right back. “If they file suits against me, I will take the same actions and I am even thinking of going to the Constitutional Court, taking it a step …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. frank ly
    Unhappy

A tradgedy

I feel really sad for rich people and their families when this sort of thing happens to them. It must be very embarassing for many close relatives as well.

1. James Thomas

Re: A tradgedy

It's not event like they need the money, they must all be rich enough to purchase small countries already.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: A tradgedy

There's one just to the north of them that should be coming up for sale soon enough.

2. Inachu
    Pint

Justice or not.

If the father was in his 40's then I would say the father is so wrong on many levels but if he is age 70 or older then I'm 50/50 on this as perhaps teh old man is senile and some manager or lawyer is dealing with his finances instead? Kinda like how Brian was manipulated by his lawer and he lived with his lawyer and nobody was allowed to speak with him even his own family! The situation of his life style needs to come foward first before a moral and just court hearing can be made to make sure he is not being manipulated to say certain things.

But if by a doctor and evidence proves he is healthy as a young bull and mentaly alert and mentaly sound and not being manipulated then I say let the father do as he wishes with his money and do not give a dime to his kids. You never know. Maybe the kids have an agenda and does not fit any normal family morals. But even if I was the old man I'd leave maybe $50,000 each to each blood relative. Something like:

My House will become part of the SAMSUNG museum. My vehicles will be sold off to charity.

any left over sales of personal belonging shall be held in a trust towards the Samsung Grandchildren and only the Grandchildren will be allowed to have that money.

Lesson to be learned. Do not be evil to your parents and parents do not be stupid and deny your children money if they have been good decent human beings.

1. Sir Cosmo Bonsor
      Facepalm

Re: Justice or not.

> "if by a doctor and evidence proves he is healthy as a young bull and mentaly alert and mentaly sound"

Not much chance of that, given that he died in 1987.

3. asdf
    Mushroom

this could get interesting

Well considering S Korean culture is almost incapable of separating big business from government even in a pretend way like we do in the west their maybe some more interesting scandals that will come out when this goes to court. Maybe we will even get to see one of the famous fist fights in their parliament.

4. bharq
    Paris Hilton

got me there

you left me scratching my head when there was 100b won... how did he win it? or did he earn it?

then suddenly a light switched on inside my head...

Paris, 'cause she doesn't need a light switch!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like