back to article HTC One X priced up for UK punters

HTC's upcoming Tegra 3-based smartphone, the One X, was made available for pre-order this week as networks revealed their tariffs in a bid to pull in the punters. HTC One X The Taiwanese manufacturer's first five-core beast can be ordered from Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4U free from £36 a month on two-year contracts. It …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. D Fife
    Stop

Battery Life?

Given that my HTC Sensation has the worst battery life of any phone I've ever had (even with everything non-essential switched off), how many minutes of battery life does this beast give you?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Battery Life?

Won't be upgrading my unbranded sensation just yet. Might wait to see if an iPhone 5 arrives this year instead.

Battery life on this handset is not too bad so long as you don't play ad supported games.

Still if I do get the melted ice cream sandwich update why bother changing anyway. For a couple of bells an whistles?

Don't think so.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Perfect for the type of person who buys a phone based on specs i.e. a chump.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

yep

Screen resolution is down but with a bigger screen area.

HTC assumes, 'we will build and they will buy' but just maybe they might have to think again.

1. Kyoraki

Re: yep

Resolution is down? I might be wrong on this, but I think this is HTC's first phone with a 720p screen resolution. Also, HTC admitted that their old 'we will build and they will buy' policy wasn't doing them any favours, so they're only releasing 3 phones this year. The X, a similar dual core job, and what looks to be an upgraded HTC legend. Looks like a decent range to me, abliet a little uninspired.

3. joeW

A polycarbonate unibody

Does unibody mean no user-removable battery? I really dislike that growing trend in smartphones. Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't trust anything without a hard power switch or equivalent (popping out the battery for instance).

4. N13L5

confused

why do you call phones "blowers"...?

Can I clean my front yard with them?

1. frank ly

Re: confused

It's an informal/slang name derived from the operation of the speaking tube device which preceded it.

5. nichobe
    FAIL

i might have considered this over the S3 however....

- No removable battery

- No MicroSD card support

6. PaulR79

"while Vodafone's and T-Mobile's prices start at £41 per month."

START at £41 a month?! That's likely over 24 months too...... I know the networks have to make money on handsets and that top range models like this don't come cheap but what are they smoking? If it's a 24 month contract that comes in at £984, £738 if it's 18 months.

I'd be curious to see where these prices are from as the T-Mobile website still lists it as "coming soon" with no hint on price plans yet. I've asked a fair few times and the only information given is to check the coming soon section for updates. This would be a smart thing to do but it isn't exactly updated promptly. They had the Xperia S on there for a few weeks after it was available and had phones available in March still listed in the middle of the month long after they'd been released.

1. annodomini2

£27 a month from Tesco phone shop on O2 with 300mins, 3000txts, 500mb Free phone, £60 Cashback via quidco.

1. PaulR79

I'm specifically asking for T-Mobile as I'm currently with them and my contract is up for renewal right now. I can see myself having to leave to get a better deal but until I know their prices I can't haggle or say, "X have it for much cheaper, can you match it?"

1. annodomini2

£26/Month on T-Mobile/Orange from BuyMobilephones.net.

There are options for calls traded with data.

e.g. 100mins, 1.5gb data or 600mins, 100mb data.

7. Kyoraki
    Mushroom

Correction

HTC One X has 32gb of onboard memory, not 16. That's the One S you're thinking of lad.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like