back to article Kung-fu tweeting Carl Douglas wins El Reg prize - with expert timing

Mr Carl Douglas - the computer scientist from Blighty's Lincoln, not the Kung-fu Fighting pop star - was fast as lightning to become @regvulture's 10,000th follower on Twitter. Winner: Carl Douglas As promised, he gets a mention in these pages after achieving such an ENORMO feat with expert timing. He now stands – or …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jai

congrats

top effort that man!!

now, if only someone could explain what those other El Reg twitter accounts are for - and should I follow all of them? or just the main one?

1. The Envoy
      Pint

One or all?

The upside is that by following all Register Twitter accounts you get all the news at least twice. The downside is that you do get the news at least twice.

(Oh boy! All that explaining made me thirsty...)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Prize

What's the prize he'll receive?

1. Pete the not so great
      Pint

I heard it was a Big Mac for one

and a pint, at nearest boozer

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"professional procrastinator"

Sadly I procrastinated following El Reg, so no win for me. Come to think of it, I'm still procrastinating signing up for Twitter.

1. John Sager
      Paris Hilton

I don't really grok being a Twit. I don't pant in expectation of Stephen Fry's latest small but perfectly formed utterance, nor do I have to know immediately what puddle of poo Ed Miliband has now stepped in.

El Reg's website, having the luxury of more than 140 characters to express itself, is far better at sating my need for nerdful enjoyment, accompanied by that stimulating insertion of the well-honed double entendre.

Paris? The defining example!

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

the well-honed double entendre

In keeping with the sentiment, my mind read that as 'the well-horned double entendre'

4. Craig 12

24 tweets over 3 years. Impressive!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'll bite...

He looks "a little bit frightning"...

6. Psmiffy
    FAIL

Really now

I think all of those of us who were early adopters should also get a mention ... it's easy enough to tout acclaim and accolade to the Nth follower, but what do we get? nothing ,we are just a number, a filler, a nothing .... without all of us old 10000 there would have been less.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will there be an honourable mention

for the 10,000th person to comment they don't have a twitter account?

Only asking, but if there is increment the counter for me.

Oh, and if that's what rocks Carl's boat then congratulations to him.

Another question. Could he have turned down the award, like an MBE, OBE, etc... or was this an offer he couldn't refuse?

1. stuartnz

"Will there be an honourable mention for the 10,000th person to comment they don't have a twitter account?" Given the almost Pavlovian reaction to the mention of Twitter in any context, that landmark was probably reached within a week of the first time the word turned up at El Reg. Maybe 10E7 instead?

2. KitD

"Oh, and if that's what rocks Carl's boat then congratulations to him."

Carl knows his boats:

http://www.carldouglas.co.uk/index-m.html

8. ElNumbre
    Paris Hilton

Too Busy.

Sorry, I was too busy making it with a hot female Earth chick.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

........or so he would have you believe.

9. Colin Wilson 2

No Prize? WTF!

Stop being a bunch of tight-wads El Reg!. Open the goodie bag and give the poor bloke some stuff. A paper aeroplane, some Playmobil figures and a fondleslab should do the trick

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why shoot for the stars

when you can aim for the kerb?

11. Craig 28

Re:Hot earth chick

Methinks there's some fowl play going on there...

Ducks and runs for his coat.

12. PJF
    Pint

Damn you!!

Congrats on your fast-fingers!

The next is on me!

13. Syx
    FAIL

"Professional procrastinator" is right!

Unbelievably I went to university with Carl - amazing how people crop up further down the line.

14. Imsimil Berati-Lahn
    FAIL

10000 isn't even a proper number.

Should by rights have commemorated the 8192nd customer, (or whatever the hell you're on about).

Next stop 16384th, okay?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like