back to article Asus posts patch for Prime random reboot bug

Asus UK has posted a firmware update for its Android tablet, the Eee Pad Transformer Prime. The new code fixes the fondleslab's "random reboot problem", the company claimed. Asus Transformer Prime Tweet This glitch has tried the patience of a fair few Prime owners, and we wonder if it was one of the factors that persuaded …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No real problems here.

This to me sounds like noise made on behalf of companies yet to announce a quad-core product (or 5-core if you want to get technical about the Prime's abilities).

I think I may have had one reboot what it was on and I wasn't watching it, but it's never rebooted infront of me. Still it's nice to see Asus supporting their customers in a prompt and responsive manner. Shouldn't the media be focusing on that, rather than trying to dig up any old shit to beat them up over?

2. Alex Galbraith
    FAIL

Just checked for fw updates on my Prime and nothing through as yet... Asus being a bit "premature" again?

3. G R Goslin

Fixed?

Well, it wasn't fixed for me.Neither the early patch, nor the ICS download. So mines 'Return to Sender' until I have definite, beyond doubt, that it's fixed. Pity, it was a very pretty piece of kit

1. James Whale

The ICS download was 9.4.2.11 (17th Jan) - that's the one that introduced the random reboot bug. Tthe update out today is 9.4.2.13 and should solve it, according to reports over at XDA. If you've not had 9.4.2.13 OTA yet, it's worth hanging onto your Prime for another 24 hours as it should improve quite a few things about the device.

4. James Whale

No sign of the OTA update on mine as yet. :(

My reboots have been few and far between - usually when I'md demanding more of the tab graphically, or in performance mode.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like