back to article Samsung says no to MWC Galaxy S III launch

Samsung is emailing World+Dog to say that it won't be announcing the Galaxy S III at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) industry shindig later this month. Instead, "the successor to the Galaxy S II smartphone will be unveiled at a separate Samsung-hosted event in the first half of the year, closer to commercial availability of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. technohead95
    Facepalm

This is both good and bad. It's good because not having the details about a great device makes the wait more bearable. The flip side is that not having the details means you don't know how good the device will be and whether handsets that come along in the meantime I worth skipping or going for. Ahhh what to do???

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Be it a car, bike, PC, camera, MP3 player, the eternal conumdrum!

I tend to think to myself, in this situation, if there anything this new version of said gizmo will give me that I can't get on the current model? If the answer is that I can bugger up said gizmo far faster on future model than present one, then I demure. Being a sad old git of 40 years old I think to myself, "Life moves too fast already. Let me bugger this device up slowly, enjoying the privilege instead of it happening to fast to be worth all the money I paid for it!"

2. M 6

My bet...

..is on it appearing at a Samsung hosted Olympics event, maybe the Torch Relay starting on 19th May?

1. GrumpyOldBloke

Torch Relay

If I wanted flames out of the top of my mobile device I would buy from sony

3. g e

At their own event

They can invite who they want and NOT who they don't want.

They can't deinvite Apple to MWC

That said, the SG3 is the only thing holding me off trying out a Galaxy Note for my impending upgrade

4. Bill Neal
    Joke

MWC

Mass Weapons of Communication?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like