1. Sean Baggaley 1
    Trollface

X vs. Y!

Think X is better than Y? Explain your reasons here! What if you think X is worse than Y? Then you, too, have come to the right place! LET X = BCPL, birds (angry or otherwise), bacon, beef, Brits or bits! Prefer tabs? Let X = Tabs! LET Y = C—sharp, double-plus, or objective! Vi and Emacs! WordStar or EDLIN! Tabs or Spaces*! Up or down! Motorola MC680x0 Assembly Language and Intel's X86 Assembly Language! Sean Connery or George Lazenby! This is the place to be for pointless nerdwankery of the highest order: Let the "Which is better?" Debates begin!
    1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge
      Pint

X and Y both suck.

L, M, N, O and P are all better. Neener Neener, something, something twatdangles.

1. Sean Baggaley 1

What about 'A'?

'A' is always frist!

Does being "frist" matter?

Z claims it's better to just be so awesome you're last. The only way you can then be surpassed is by having more than one...

1. Sean Baggaley 1
            Mushroom

But what about the humble number?

Does "1" trump "A", for example? A computer sees an "A" as a "65", so I'd go with 'yes'. But I suspect it's more complicated than this.

If we're not careful, digits will start roaming the streets taking pot-shots at letters. With such character assassination, we could well end up destroying civilisation as we know it!

I demand an EU Directive on this!

Going out with a !

Punctuation would like to have a word with you after school by the bike racks...

2. TeeCee Gold badge
              Happy

Who's counting?

In my world "A" is C1 and "1" is F1, so yah, boo and sucks to you.

1. Anonymous Coward
                Devil

Re: Who's counting?

Wow, EBCDIC. I'm so sorry for you.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon