back to article Asian canaries revive 'one year, two iPads' launch rumour

The notion that Apple will release not one but two new iPads this year is back. If you're hoping one will be a 7in tablet, you may be disappointed: both models are 9.7-inchers, moles maintain. Assuming they actually know, of course… Either way, they're saying the first of the pair will be the eagerly awaited iPad with a 2048 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

"ipad 4" really means "iOS 6"

They'll release a new iPad in the spring and a new iOS version in the autumn. So yes, it gets an upgrade twice a year - once with new hardware, and once with new features curtesy of the software update. iOS 6 will certainly make it even more competitive with windows 8 tablets, so that makes sense too.

In that sense the "iPad 3" rumour was kind of right just a little bit too - the iPad 2 did get upgraded, new features, speed improvements, etc.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This takes me back..

This sounds like the kind of FUD Microsoft used to spoil the market with when their market dominance allowed such activities. Curiously it was this kind of behaviour that gave the anti-MS brigade much of the righteous indignation they have since turned into a religion - can't wait to see how they rationalise this behaviour when it comes from the temple that is Apple.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I think you're right and this is typical Microsoft FUD to convince buyers not to jump to the first tablet and wait, giving Microsoft time to get their own tablets into the market.

Wait what? That's not what you meant? What would Apple have to gain in spreading rumours about a better iPad coming out later in the year?

3. AndrewG

What does integrated applications actually mean?

I thought the beauty of the iPad was it is what you make of it. This sounds like a rumour started by a windows integrator who installs gig after gig of crapware on new PC's.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@AndrewG Integrated applications just means the built-in apps. Calendar, camera,mail, browser, photos, all those apps that come pre-installed. The iPad will indeed get an update with new versions of these apps, most likely in the autumn - and as I said before, it'll be called iOS6, not iPad4.

4. Insane Reindeer
    Flame

To everyone at El Reg.

Not that it matters to anyone, or causes any real harm, but I'll be giving every article that is based around rumours about a new device, or service, or software or anything else like that, a low as vote as possible from now on.

If you want some other "useless" advice why not set up a new site called something like "Here be hours of pointless speculation register" and so keep this complete drivel off of your otherwise top class sites.

1. Pete Spicer

Don't like it?

Don't read it, it's really that simple.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I had to read it to find out I didn't like it.

You’re logged in as Anonymous Coward. You can edit your details. Not you? Then log in here.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Already done

see here: http://www.appleinsider.com/

and here: http://www.macrumors.com/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like