back to article Belkin LiveAction Camera Grip

Hats off to Belkin for coming up with some really neat iOS-oriented gadgets just lately. Following on from its kitchen stands for the iPad, it has now come up with some handy little photographic accessories for the iPhone. The first one to arrive is the LiveAction Camera Grip, with an external microphone and remote control unit …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Insane Reindeer
    Flame

Or Apple could fit a proper shutter button!

I'm sorry but no matter what anyone says about the camera qualities of a phone, unless it comes with a dedicated camera shutter button the camera is always going to be a pointless, last minute, half arsed addition that just shows that said phone manufacturer can't be bothered to take phone based photography seriously.

And here are are at the end of 2011 and still no one has managed to eclipse the best phone camera ever released, and that was over a year ago, by Nokia.

1. Shades

Another contender...

...as far as the camera is concerned at least: The Sony Satio.

My ex had one when it first came out. For a week, until she lost it. The pictures from the 12Mp snapper were fantastic, and it had a proper Zenon flash too.

Shame the rest of the phone was utter rubbish though, including the shonky touch screen (it was resistive, but still awful!). Although it was pretty cool that you could output the phones screen to TV as well as any video playback.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"For me, it’s the act of tapping on the screen that always seems to shake the shot up"

You do know you can press the volume-up button to take a shot, don't you? Much easier...

3. Ian North

Surely this is a little obsolete now that iOS 5 uses the Volume Up button to take pictures with?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Other people...

...have already mentioned the fact that iOS5 allows you to use the volume up button as a shutter buton, but even before that there was a slightly better way.

Simply put your finger on the on-screen shutter button, then release it when you are ready to take the shot, rather than tapping it and shaking the phone.

5. Neil Charles
    FAIL

Forty five quid?

You could buy an acceptable little digital camera for that! Well, a better one than you get in a phone anyway.

What do they say about fanbois and their money?

6. Dick Russell
    Alien

How about a decent flash?

I might just keep my compact point and shoot camera in the cupboard if Belkin would put a decent built-in flash in this grip.

7. Mark 65

Tripod connector?

What the fuck for? Seriously, it's a phone with a poxy little lens, sensor and, as far as I can tell, non-selectable ISO range. That kind of makes a tripod pointless as any lowlight shot will be chock full of noise if one is needed.

8. Eponymous Bastard
    Devil

Sweaty

Fanbois probably have such sweaty little digits they need something "firm" with which to grip their little slabs.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like