back to article Shoppers love fondling iPads to fill out sex health survey

A survey conducted using iPads has helped an NHS cluster reach out more people in quicker time for their views on local health services. The Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire NHS cluster gave researchers iPads that had a special software installed and asked them to gather opinions at Eden shopping centre in High Wycombe. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

...how?!

How did they ever install their own software on an iCrippledLockedDownPieceOfCrap?

1. Old Handle

It was probably just an HTML/JS based form. That should be more than enough for what they needed to do.

2. Quando

Easy - get a £59/annum developer licence to cover the whole organisation building the software. Build code using the free tools provided, test, run on up to 100 devices.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Take a look thru the 'history'

Display units will happily give up personal details when you check their histories.

Mostly facebook.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ewww...

I hope they cleaned the fondle surface with a surgical wipe or who knows what you might catch!

1. Arctic fox
      Joke

RE: "Ewww". I am looking foward with great anticipation to El Reg.......

............reporting the release of the iClap 3 - the news would go viral immediately.

4. John H Woods Silver badge

ewww

I don't want to touch a screen that's been touched by hundreds of ill people - especially dermatology patients!

1. Mr Young
      Go

I'm freaking out now!

What about all that stuff I buy in the supermarket? Whose touched it? OMG, I screamed a little;)

5. It wasnt me

Brilliant

A completely different response rate. Thats fine. But it will also give completely different responses from a completely different demographic when compared to similar surveys using different mediums.

I hope that any information coming from the survey is handled and processed accordingly.

6. dogged

SOP

Standard Operating Procedure is to lie like a politician or a cheap Changi watch when taking NHS (or other) surveys.

It's nice to know that people prefer to lie via fondleslabs, I suppose.

7. jake Silver badge

My title^Wsubject was too long, so I'll "quote" it below ...

"A survey accessible by mobile devices was created, requiring no registration and asking only key questions so that the public could answer it quickly and conveniently,"

Am I the only one who sees more than a few issues with this survey?

Lies, damn lies, and statistics ...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If the people answering the questions didn't have to register...

...how do we know that the people 'running' the survey didn't just randomly answer questions themselves (As they liked playing with the said fondle slab).

Genuine question.

1. Mr Young

Re:Genuine question

Not bad question I'd say. A possible solution would be to use software to analyse the collected data and then weigh it appropriately? Add some human for the bullshit combination detector ability and you can start minimising proper. I'm sure many people (say statisticians) could do a better job than I can!

9. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

Oh look

Is that an iPad? Can I have a look.

Oh, sorry, I think I touched something there, was it important?

10. fourThirty

why...

...does it have to specify that it was an iPad that was used? If it was any other tablet brand, would it also have been specified?

11. Dazed and Confused

should you be taking

sexual health histories from lots of seven year old boys?

Which is what you expect to have queuing up to play with the lady's iPad if you stand about in a shopping centre waving one.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh Look ...

... or perhaps not ... at the new Fondleslab with SexDrive®

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like