back to article Samsung pledges Galaxy Nexus audio glitch fix

Samsung has developed a fix for the spontaneous volume reduction bug that has hit early buyers of its Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0 smartphone. The South Korean giant did not, however, say when the patch will be posted. "Regarding the Galaxy Nexus, we are aware of the volume issue and have developed a fix. We will update devices …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lloyd
    Facepalm

Vodafone have a problem with it?

Who'd have thought Vodafone would have a problem with it? I never even used to be able to get a signal in central London with Jokafone let alone have my phone drop from one band to another.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

maybe this is of interest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIFRYY25fDo

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Also affected by nearby phones

If you bring another phone using the 900Mhz near the Galaxy Nexus it also goes mad.

Makes me wonder how it ever got it's CE mark / FCC certification.

From my EE days I remember you had this regulation saying that devices like mobile phones should have good immunity to possibly harmful interference (by the IEC 61000-4 standard)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We have developed a fix and it will be part of Android 4.1 which will be available on the Galaxy Nexus S2. Current Galaxy Nexus owners will need to upgrade.

5. nick turner

Not just during calls

I've noticed a few times with mine since getting it the volume graphics pop up and drop to silent whilst doing things and then hanging on the screen for 5 or more seconds. Although TBH it's what you get for getting a bleeding edge phone, it's always going to be a rocky road.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Exactly

Google just needs to rename the phone "Galaxy Nexus Beta", no biggie

2. Matt D
      Mushroom

Stop talking sense.

According to this post: http://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/1242259 pointing out any flaw with a new phone or OS as being within the bounds of normalcy merits downvoting.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

You're hearing it wrong!

Sorry, couldn't resist

7. Tankut Erinc
    Pint

Early bird catches the worm, early adopters eat the bugs.

Early adopters are lovely, beautiful, self-sacrificing people who wait in lines, alpha/beta test all new and expensive products, so the rest of us can enjoy the glitch-free benefits of their suffering (and usually at %25-40 off). We should refrain from mocking them in their misery.

As you know cutting edge is also the bleeding edge.

8. Displacement Activity
    Paris Hilton

I'm on Vodafone...

...but I did get the phone from Phones4u. The guy at the Vodafone store told me they'd delayed it because they had an upcoming Nokia launch. Sounded like bollocks.

No volume glitch here, yet. Issues include no flash support - a big surprise, to me anyway - no manual (the website says it's on the way) - and no ICS docs. I think 'beta' is a pretty good description. I'm finding it hard to have much else to say about it without a manual. Still pleased with it, though, despite the flash problem, which is a major PITA.

9. The Fuzzy Wotnot

Just ordered a Nexus as opposed to the S2, I knew about the audio bug before buying but the more I read as each new piece of news comes out, the more I am beginning to regret maybe not going for the S2 now. Still it's got to be better than the 3 year old iPhone 3G I have, at least I will have more flexibility with Android.

Oh well, the early adopter gets the bugs, to borrow a phrase!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like