back to article Time to dig out the CV: NASA 'naut applications now open

In October NASA announced it will recruit a new batch of astronauts - and today the application process opened. If you're an American citizen, preferably with a science PhD and a test pilot licence, you have until Friday, 27 January, 2012 to get your CV over. NASA has nine to 15 positions available and its training centre is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Imsimil Berati-Lahn
    Alien

"Clever" folks required...

...to be strapped onto what's effectively a giant firework.

ohhhhhh---kaaay...

Maybe a definition of the word I haven't come across yet.

Maybe I'm just not 'merkin enough.

2. Pirate Dave Silver badge
    Pirate

Why bother...

Since Dominic Connor told all of us how badly our CVs suck? We'll never get jobs with NASA with these worthless pieces of paper that shouldn't even be seen by a blind person.

3. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Degree a bit of a waste of time then

Degree + experience OR 1000 jet experience.

PhD OR 3years experiences teaching kindergarten.

So they can have scientists or just a bunch of people with experience of bombing Iraq and another set reading them a story and telling them it's nap time

4. Robert E A Harvey

This is the space agency with no spaceships, isn't it?

5. neb
    Black Helicopters

ZOMFG etc!

Righto, time to divorce the dorris, marry a yank, get a green card and complete my degree by Friday, January 27, 2012...

...ah bollocks, maybe next time because can you imagine how cool it would be :)

6. The Serpent

Doctorates and/or military career required because..

..they are a good way to ensure that someone is used to doing as they are told and not cocking around. I've often thought the overriding qualification for 'naughtship was a lack of imagination - I know there's no way I'd pass up the opportunity to have my lunch by getting someone to throw it across the capsule, etc.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

They left out.....

Sound stage and blue screen acting experience and the ability to keep sinister secrets a plus!

8. Richard Scratcher
    Alien

My advice...

Don't dress for the job you have, dress for the job you want to have.

9. James Gibbons
    Facepalm

"now they are much more keen to get the boffins - and teachers - in"

or

"spam in the can"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like