back to article Zuckerberg: 'Make partnerships, not war'

Mark Zuckerberg has said there’s no need for Facebook to fight with other technology companies, but instead it should embrace them all. Zuckerberg and his chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg sat down with veteran US interviewer Charlie Rose to talk technology in an hour-long interview broadcast on Monday, and claimed there …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. revdjenk
    Thumb Down

own little version?

Wow!

Try ... fastest growth of a social site

Try ... sharing vid chat with 9 others, and can share videos and chat at the same time

Try ... businesses cannot send you messages unless you allow.

Try ... games are not in your face.

Try ... you don't have to wait for someone to friend you back to send them a message

These are just some of the major differences and make G+ not a copy.

1. GatesFanbois
      Coffee/keyboard

OMG It's a Google Shill

Seriously? G+ not a copy? lol

2. rfdparker2002

Exactly.

Tom said. “Facebook is certainly being competitive and trying to build their own little version of MySpace, but when I look at Microsoft I a company who is extremely aligned with us.”

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Get out more....

2. Flawsious
    WTF?

"We are focused on doing one thing incredibly well," P i s s i n g off all our members lol.

3. Mark Scorah
    Meh

so well that they copied google's own little version's circles idea and called them lists

1. yoinkster
      FAIL

Rubbish.

The facebook lists feature was around long before G+ arrived on the scene, it just wasn't heavily documented or used. I used it though and still think it's a brilliant idea and I'm glad it's getting the press it deserves.

4. zen1
    Thumb Down

Um, mr. zuckerburg?

Just suck it & go away already.

5. M Gale

doing one thing really well

For anybody who had read Google's "about us" corporate fluff, that is indeed a sly dig.

Shame it's from someone whose baby makes the Googleplex look positively saintly in comparison.

6. Richie 1

no ... b itches suffix?

Does that mean Zuck is a grown up now?

7. Sam Liddicott

who cut off google?

And who was it who cut off google from accessing facebook contacts? Facebook! And they want to build partnerships?

8. annodomini2
    WTF?

Reading between the lines...

"I'm scared and can't be arsed to fight"

FFS grow a pair!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kwityabellyachin!

If you zuckersuckers don't quit moaning about poaching your personal information and pissing you off in general, Markie-poo might go into another snit and kill Faecesbook off altogether and spend his billions cornering the reconstituted petrified dogturd market. (He's very entrepeneurial, don't y'all know?)

10. Andrew Engel
    Thumb Down

What a weasel

This is just a weaselly way of saying he doesn't want any competitors, he just wants everyone to use Facebook. I'm sure he'd love that. I wouldn't.

11. Bgfreeman

Dunno about everyone else, but ol' Zuck just seems a bit slimy. Even worse than Gates.

However, he obviously sees the writing on the (facebook) wall....

"Don't be evil" sure beats "Gimme all your details so I can sell them"

At least we *know* Google sells ads.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tw@t - re:Amazon and Apple

Neither of them get their revenue primarily from adverts and info about customers as Facebook and Google do. They sell physical stuff.

I'm not sure if he's meaning to suggest that Google should go and develop products for direct revenue to diversify away from the ad/data space, but given that Google have been in that space a lot longer than he has, I'd suggest he follow that advice himself.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like