back to article Ubuntu daddy bets on desktop polish, ARM clouds

Ubuntu fans are being coaxed into accepting a new emphasis on design in the next desktop release and breaking the umbilical link to old server hardware for the cloud. Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth has judged that "the nail-biting transitions to Unity and GNOME 3 are behind us" and that Ubuntu 12.04 LTS – due in April next …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. duelingpianoman
    Thumb Up

The switch to Unity is...

...certainly a "Jumped the Shark" moment. Time to try Mint. Thumbs up in honor of Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli, who was the FIRST to Jump the Shark! Aaaaaaaay!

2. Corp-Rat
    Thumb Down

Jumping the shark?

I dislike unity so much I've jumped ship to mint.

1. henrydddd
      Linux

Ubuntu

At first I hated 11-10. I put it on one of my machines one night and was discouraged by everything. Then the next day, I put it on a virtual machine and played with it a bit. I got it working the way I want. I put synaptic on it and changed to software sources a bit. I finally got my Debian packages to install. It is livable. On the other hand, the desk top is still as irritating as can be.

3. mhenriday
    Unhappy

The gentleman

doth my-way-or-the-highway too much, methinks. It would seem that allowing users to tweak their desktops as suits them no longer constitutes a part of his «vision». Sad...

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like