back to article Quote of the Week: 'I shave my balls for this?'

This was the week when Apple cofounder and technology titan Steve Jobs sadly passed away, aspiring geeks were told they shouldn't bother leaving their bedrooms to go to school, Amazon's decision to lose money on the Kindle Fire made good business sense, overzealous Microsoft anti-virus software classed Google's Chrome browser as …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Joke

"Now is the time to take advantage of the large webOS user base."

What? Both of them?

Sorry, I like WebOS, I even got the SDK out of curiosity as a long time user of Palm hardware (my Tungsten T3 was only retired last year). The joke is bittersweet in that a good idea seems to have been ruined by bad marketing. The HP statement is just surreal.

1. Captain TickTock
      Joke

Unethical surely...

..to take advantage of fat people

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Some people will shave their balls

for just about anything

1. craigb
      Alien

I'll shave my balls to that

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'll shave my balls to that!

3. mraak
      Go

I'll

shave my balls for opportunity to shave my balls

4. Piro Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Of course.

There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

3. jake Silver badge

So basically ...

... marketards are still separating fools from their money?

Nothing newsworthy, then.

1. Tom 13

No, one of those is the reverse

and therefore a man bites dog story.

4. BristolBachelor Gold badge
    Stop

Amazon again

You are saying it again: "Amazon's decision to lose money on the Kindle Fire made good business sense"

Have Amazon told you this? The thing I saw said that someone who doesn't know what Amazon pays for anything said that they thought that the bits cost more than Amazon sell it for. IMHO their prices are off.

Perhaps I should give my estimate of a Ford Fiesta, after all I don't really know about it. I guess it costs Ford £50k to make one; why are they selling them at a loss?

1. L.B.
      Megaphone

On Bloomberg News this morning...

A British based company is making very low end tablets for India, the Indian gov. are going to subsidise them, but the cost of manufacture was stated in the region of £35.

The device shown may look a bit clinky conpared with a Galaxy, but the designers specificaly built it with the Indian market in mind, so it has 2 full sized USB ports for starters making it possible to use standard USB sticks or as the guy showed, add a full keyboad/mouse to make it a postable PC, not just a tablet.

They didn't say what CPU (just hinted it was slow by most standards) and ran Android 2.something, but for £35 what do you expect.

Anyway from that; I would not be so sure that a "book-read" from Amazon was not making a profit.

1. The First Dave
        Boffin

No, they didn't.

The price of £35 appears to be the price that the Indian Gov will charge people, so another loss-leader (sort of) similar to the Kindle Fire.

5. SantaFeWolfman
    Devil

So, speaking of shaving...

"Long live balls"? Really? That´s what it would sound like down in goold ole Mexico, where webOS sounds (and is used by the twitterati) as a handy-trendy way of spelling "huevos", slang for the aforementioned hairy (or hairless) hanging fruit.

1. Aremmes
      Thumb Up

WebOS

As a Spanish-speaking geek who can't read "WebOS" without thinking of baggy appendages, I'veIthoIght of perhaps starting a new tech company to make a WebOS-based gadget named Plantain. The marketing copy would write itself: "Taste the power of the Plantain, powered by WebOS."

1. John Sanders
        Thumb Up

In order to make an ommelete

You have to break some WebOS.

Tiene WebOS la cosa.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: So, speaking of shaving

Beat you to it: http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2010/07/19/palmpad/#c_820181

@Aremmes

Maybe there's not enough memory - "Damn! webOS hung."

Hardware issue - "That dongle crashed webOS!"

Fun with acronyms - "webOS now has Smart Wireless Electron - Advanced Technology"

6. Dropper
    Happy

Heh

Will Easter be moved to October? Also who is standing vigil outside the tomb, waiting for the resurrection.. oh that's right, it's a gay-bashing cult.. well I suppose they think of themselves as Christians even if they aren't very good at it.

I always found that amusing, people who are at heart the complete opposite of everything part 2 of the bible was supposed to be about vehemently insist they're the best at being Christians, even if they have to kill a few people to prove it - presumably not with swords.

Anyway I wonder how hard it will be chewing on broken up iPods when they're passed around at mass..

1. theBatman
      Trollface

Westbro Baptist

Trolls. Standard procedure - don't feed them.

7. Ramazan
    WTF?

How dare you knave

to mix balls shaving and death of Jobs?

"to beat them in integer arithmetic and then there will be nothing left" -- except single precision FP, then double precision FP, then extended precision (80bit) FP, then yet something and so on etc.

P.S. Трусы и сало. No respect for dead.

8. Trainee grumpy old ****
    Trollface

Pubic epilation...

...a pre-requisite for admittance to the Jobsian cult?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like