back to article Lewd voicemail hack on MP prompts probe

A prankster hacked into an MP's parliamentary voicemail and left a sexually offensive message for callers, the Mail on Sunday reports. Tory MP Claire Perry told the paper that the voicemail of her landline was changed so that callers were asked whether they had recently engaged in a sex act, which she declined to describe. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

The thing is with the Mail,

if they were actually right about anything, their entire readership would have been stabbed, poisoned, diseased, blown up and bankrupted a thousand times over and their circulation would be 0. That they are still in business is clear evidence of their blatant inaccuracy.

Now, anyone, public figure or not, who is so f*****g stupid that they leave their voicemail with the default passcode after the Murdoch debacle deserves a thorough public roasting.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

In the light of her BJ comment

Would that be a public spit roasting?

2. Annihilator
      Facepalm

Go further

Any *telecomms outfit* that is so f*****g stupid that they even allow external voicemail access when a PIN has not been changed deservers a thorough public roasting.

The equivalent is banks sending out all ATM cards activated with a PIN of 0000 and hoping folk will change it, but not making it obvious that they should change it.

My own little hobby horse in this "hacking" scandal (term used loosely) as I still recall my first mobile phone (BT Genie) offering remote voicemail but only if I set a PIN.

3. Elmer Phud

"deserves a thorough public roasting."

This, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with the Bercow jibe?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"What do I have to do? Give him a blowjob?"

Followed the link, seen the picture, and I have to say , that would work for me.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Really?

Were you looking at the article or at the pictures to the left from it?

3. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
    WTF?

Sorry what?

Make Remembrance Sunday a Bank Holiday? The same Remembrance Sunday that always falls on a Sunday? When banks are shut? Am I missing something here, or is this akin to campaigning to keep water wet, and the sky blue?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Haha - I shall upvote you as I missed that one.

But no, she's a Tory, so if she has to be seen standing at a war memorial somewhere on a Sunday she'll want a day off afterwards as compensation.

2. Simon Harris

The bill actually proposes to make the day after Remembrance Sunday a bank holiday...

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2010-11/remembrancedaybankholiday.html

But since Remembrance Day itself is traditionally 11th November, and Remembrance Sunday is the closest sunday to this, in most years the new bill would give us a confusion of three Remembrance days - 11th, Sunday and Monday to contend with!

If we're going to have an extra bank holiday to commemorate the casualties of war, may I suggest commemorating the start of the Battle of the Somme and the Battle of El Alamein (and the Americans can join in as well with the start of the Battle of Gettysburg if they want) - at least then it should be a damn sight warmer than in the middle of November!

4. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Coat

Mrs Bercows' revenge?

Fresh from her appearance in BB....

Mines the one with the Parliamentary phone directory in the pocket.

5. Code Monkey

Grudge

Someone who harbours a grudge against a Tory MP. I'd guess at ~60m suspects then.

1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Lets be fair

Devizes has only 68,846 voters in the constituency, so we can probably narrow it down to those voters and those living in the area who aren't registered to vote. In the order of 100 000 people then...

2. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Your estimate...

...is overblown.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Let's check my list

I have a list somewhere on me that I need to check the boxes before I hold a grudge, now where is it:

1) Bankrupted the country.

2) Failed to learn lesson and bankrupted the country again.

Now let's see. Tories, no check-mark on (1) or (2). Lib-Dems, no check-mark on (1) or (2). Now, who else should I look at. Hmmm. How about Labour. IMF bail-out in 1976. In 1997 they were handed the most successful economy an incoming Government has had in the last 100 years, and in 2010 handed over the most damaged economy other than 1979 for over 100 years.

I know who I'll hold my grudge against.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

RE: Let's check my list

You forgot Black Wednesday...oh wait that was during the Tory years which doesn't suit your little agenda.

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Black Wednesday

With due respect to Wednesdays (today being one etc) - that's just peanuts comparing with the current state debt crisis brought about by Labour's abuse of public spending.

6. TRT Silver badge
    Thumb Up

*Applauds tag line*

Give that person a raise!

1. gerryg

I agree

we need to identity the author, unless, the answer my friend, is blowing in the wind

7. Gerrit Hoekstra
    FAIL

Fix it for free or we'll tell everyone who you are...

Message to the incompetent, gravy-train riding telephony provider who installed the system:

Fix it for free or we'll tell the world who you are!

(I'll be buggered if more of my tax monies are about to be spent on repairing yet another half-witted implementation of government technology.)

8. theblackhand
    Happy

Superb tagline1

Story is about dull, but worth it just for the tag line.

Tuesday is a little less dull now.

9. Tom 35

"general, system-wide failure"

Or they set their voicemail pin to 1234.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like