back to article Android Tablet Firefox betas ready for trial fondling

Android tablets can now play with a beta version of mobile Firefox, complete with desktop synchronisation, proper tabbed browsing and all the other UI goodies promised. The usual cautionary notes apply – these are nightly builds made available for bug tracking and reporting, so downloaders should expect a reasonable amount of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Still no flash support.

Don't get me wrong I think Flash is horrible, but until major sites like the BBC move away from it browsers need to support it.

2. Random Noise

Honeycomb browsing

I've tried pretty much all the H.C. browsers on my Transformer & the one I've preffered so far is Opera.

All the other browsers just dont perform quote as well. The new Dolphin Tab is quite promising, but seems to siffer from the rendering problem which affects the stock browser (if you scroll too fast the page loads in in blocks).

Tried the FF beta a while back & wasn't too impressed. Might give it another go to see if it's much better now.

Still even Opera isnt perfect. Seems to often have buttons missing in javascript forms which sometimes means to can't 'submit' the form.

3. Patrick O'Reilly

Apps

I'd agree with Random Noise, Opera is the best browser for Honeycomb 3.2 at the moment. It's strange that Honeycomb's stock browser is so much worse than 2.3.x's browsers.

Just tried the Firefox Nightly. Still very rough round the corners, but I did notice that if you click on the favicon it prompts to install with permissions like Locations, Offline Storage and Web Notifications. Could this be a built in implementation of Mozilla Prism, don't know, it didn't do anything when "installed"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like