back to article OnLive streams towards Blighty

Cloud-gaming service OnLive has finally announced its official UK opening, with a launch set for this September's Eurogamer Expo. The service, which gives gamers instant access to a range of titles, has been active Stateside since June 2010. Those of us in the UK have been able to access it, but only through US servers, which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Atonnis

I signed up a while ago...

...but I'm still wary of the 'social' aspects.

Do I get complete privacy controls so I can play, save and control without others accessing the information or watching what I'm doing. Do I get to sign into the system but be hidden from all view from other users by default?

These are questions, not declarations. I just want to know what I'm getting into.

2. Microchip
    Meh

Hmm...

According the US video, unless they've advanced it somewhat, that you can only view on the ipad/android tablets. It's a shame if it's true, would be pretty impressive to have that sort of cross platform compatibility.

3. MJI Silver badge

What about lag?

I even get lag on my FTTC connection.

4. Aaron Harris
    Boffin

And how do we stop it

Any advice on how to block it, ports etc...?

5. Gadget Rage is BAD
    FAIL

woo-hoo, it'll change my gaming forever!!!

oh.. actually, sorry.. it won't I don't have a 5 Mbps broadband connection and can't get one either. Oh well.

Good luck with the idea but I really struggle to see how this'll take off in any massive numbers in the UK with the hopeless broadband coverage.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like