back to article Apple job post hints at office web apps

An Apple job listing may indicate that the company is building new web-based versions of its iWork office applications. "The iWork team is seeking an energetic and highly motivated software engineer to build the front and/or back end of scalable web applications," reads the listing, spotted by Appleinsider. "The person will be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Solomon Grundy

Possible but Unlikely

I reckon Apple have locked themselves into being a consumer products company. It won't be hard for sales people to bring that up either. Why would you buy your business software from a toy maker (or some such).

Every company has their niche and it's retail consumers for Apple. They shouldn't complain though, they seem to be doing pretty good with that group.

2. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Eh?

Why do you presume they won't be charging for it?

30 percent cut on sales from app store != 100% cut from their own offering (which will no doubt work on i-thingies)

3. D@v3

I don't doubt this to be true

"continues to bar third-party browsing engines from both the iPhone and the iPad"

however, I have 2 other web browsers installed on my iDevices, (Mercury, and Diigo [ formerly iChromify])

there is also a reasonable version of Opera (mini?)

These might not be fully functional alternatives, but Diigo at least works quite differently to safari, and is much (much) better on the iPad, has Tabbed browsing, lets you change your browser agent (so you dont get treated as safari mobile) and much more.

no jailbreak required for any of these.

1. Mullerrad
      Angel

Others

There is also skyfire which allows limit use of flash (sort of)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like