back to article Netflix Europe debut set for January 2012

Netflix's long-awaited European debut may have been scheduled for January 2012, if claims from Spain are to be believed. According to a variety of local papers, that's when Netflix will launch in Spain, offering Spaniards around 3500 movies and TV shows to stream. The claim apparently comes from Pedro Perez, president of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

linguistic connection?

"Given the linguistic connection between these areas and Spain - Portugal too - an initial European foray into these two countries"

What as shame there is no linguistic connection between the USA & Canada on side of the pond and the UK & Ireland on the other.

1. O RLY
      Joke

Connections

Aren't North Americans and residents of the British Isles just "two peoples separated by a common language"?

2. Rovindi
    Windows

Thank fuck...

...it will make a change from some of the utter shit that passes for content on the majority of Spanish channels.

Grrr...

3. Emo
    Thumb Up

RE: linguistic connection?

That reminds me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysg_FoWOue8

:)

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Why is this article in Reg *Hardware*?

Also, would have been nice if this was on the main Register website so it could be rated.

A lot of people have been waiting for a long time to hear anything about Netflix or Netflix-like services coming to Europe. It deserves as much exposure as possible.

1. Herr Ferret
      Holmes

Lovefilm?

Does Lovefilm not count? Its not as good i am sure but I was using it last month. Only canceled as I seem to have watched all the films on the service that weren't awful.

1. aphexbr
        FAIL

Lovefilm?

Lovefilm isn't available in Spain, so no.

5. Mark2410
    Meh

I bet

that in comparison to the US version it will be total cack

6. David Barr
    Meh

Re : Boethius

Double you, tee, eff?

Netflix type service is the way forward, and if they can do a good service in the UK for £20 or so a month then I'm sure there will be lots of happy customers. Hopefully Spain is just another step closer.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like