back to article Gov coughs extra £81m for firefighter command & control

The government has said it is to invest £81m in fire and rescue authorities in England to "improve the resilience, efficiency and technology in their control services" following a damning report into FiReControl by the National Audit office. In a written ministerial statement published on 5 July, fire minister Robert Neill …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Typo

Shirley

Shouldn't:

He added: "This £81m should go a long way to ensuring authorities can build resilience by putting together alternative upgrades, and it's cash which will stretch even further where they combine efforts to find savings."

Be:

He added: "This £81m should go a long way to ensuring that those who have allowed this project to reach the current dizzy heights of success can remain employed, and it's cash which will stretch even further where they combine efforts to find savings. Admittedly, most savings will be minimal and will come from being so incompetent, equipment and services are not ordered within the projected time frame of necessitating a further investment in the future."

Sad face because I'm a taxpayer....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

savings? what?

Spending another 81m (sorry, dont' have a GPB key) on top of what has already been squandered isn't saving anything. Allowing the same project managers and the same consultants to continue seems wrong, to me.

2. Starkadder

Who is doing this?

EADS and PA have been fired from the FiReControl project. Or have they? There is no one at CLG who has the least idea how to assess the Fire and Rescue Services' applications for the £81m. So I wonder who will be doing this. The announcement is fascinating for what it does not tell us.

This topic is closed for new posts.