back to article Actor Simon Pegg warns over banking Trojan Twitter hack

Zombie movie star Simon Pegg was obliged to warn his followers after his Twitter feed was hacked to post links to malware. Supposed links to a screensaver for Pegg's alien comedy Paul actually contained a Trojan horse. A Twitter update promoting the app was posted to Pegg's @simonpegg account inviting his 1.2 million followers …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Studley

The hack goes deeper than that

Someone's hijacked Pegg's body and is using it to make a series of grossly unfunny Hollywood buddy movies, distracting him from the important business of making a third series of Spaced.

1. schnide
      Flame

Almost right

Except there haven't been any more decent Star Wars films lately for Pegg to rip off and ride the coat tails of unoriginality on, hence all the derivative movies.

1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

One that was almost undeservedly well received

was his Star Trek parody, though.

I"m fairly sure that [Spaced] is gone unless Dave makes more episodes like [Red Dwarf], and the dog won't be in it. In fact Pegg will probably have to pre-launch it with a series where he interviews famous science fiction actors while riding in a hot air balloon sponsored by Durex. (No real disrespect intended to anyone whatsoever.)

I suppose Pegg could cameo in the RD episode about The Robot Wars...

1. Thomas 4
          Meh

Oddly enough

Both topics are related to each other. While I would love a third series of Spaced, I strongly suspect that with an incomplete team, it would turn into a disaster like another comedy series I know....

2. T-Unit
      Thumb Down

Why not!

Never let the tenuousness of the connection to the story stop you from posting your pointless opinion on his films.

2. Chris SC

I'm confused

You mean there isn't some nebulous anti-The Man political motive involved in guessing his password? Well where's the fun in that.

3. hamcheeseandonion
    Mushroom

One of these days.............

....we''ll all wake up to the pernicious load of crap that is "social networking"...con...con...con!

You use these pathetic excuses for communication? Well you deserve all you get in the way of tiny-minded little drones hacking your precious account!

You know what's happened, don't you? Ark-B really did arrive...damn you Adams

1. T-Unit
      Mushroom

Awww

No one accept your friend requests then? Yeah, who needs em, right?

1. hamcheeseandonion
        Facepalm

Re: Awww

Two questions in one post??...Both attempts at sarcasm??...Whatever next?...oooh look...I've put 3 questions in one post.....dear Ms Bee...is that a record?..<damn that's 4 now>

2. mark 63 Silver badge
      Joke

ark-B

no it didnt arrive ,well maybe it did , Ark-B2.0 needs to be constructed and dispatched asap!

4. TheProf

Hint

I can't place this Simon Pegg at all. Could you mention a couple of films he's been in? Y'know, just to jog my memory.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

try imdb

http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0670408/

1. Jason 24
        FAIL

Here's a sodding title

Wooosh!! Straight over the top hehe

5. TRT Silver badge
    Coat

Well...

anyone could have told him that 'The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe' is an obvious password for him.

1. Stevie

Bah!

Except for the fact that you've obviously hacked it already.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So...

How did that make you feel?

It made me want to drown things...

1. hamcheeseandonion
      Devil

Puppies....

....lots and lots of puppies

7. tim-e
    FAIL

Sue Denim

I would have thought that Simon Pegg, of all people, would be savvy enough to have strong account passwords.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

There was...

...that Star Trek thing, too. I mean, little movie, kinda under the radar, so maybe it doesn't come to mind like Hot Fuzz and Spaced.

9. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

poor password...

Bet his password was: s1m0np3gg (or worse).

The number of people who use cr@p passwords are are happy to tell the person (apparently) at the IT Helpdesk their (cr@p) password is staggering.

Got a call from some guy in India the other day - calling from the 'Global IT Helpdesk' - apparently he was calling to help with the issue I was having with my computer - no doubt wanted me to visit some infected web page or install some software so he could 'assist'. It will catch some people out...

10. andy gibson
    Happy

strong password

I heard it was "ilovenickfrost"

11. louis walsh's toilet
    IT Angle

hey pegg!

how's your new showbiz mates - gwyneth, chris and jay-z?

no wonder you looked embarrassed......keep thinking of the dollars simon....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like