back to article Sony to slim PlayStation 3 price

Sony is expected to drop the price of the PlayStation 3 this August, keeping the console within affordable reach of its rivals. Industry experts and publishers have come forth with predictions that the price drop will bring the PS3 down to £200 and will probably be announced at Gamescom in August, MCV reports. Analysts have …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Captain Underpants
    Happy

Hmmm

Might almost be interested in getting one at that sort of price....

Are they still making a loss on each unit sold?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

in the black

for about a year or so from what I've read. The bluray drives must be costing them only a few 10's of dollars by now as much better drives that can also write DVDs and CDs can be had for only about $60-70. These archaic 2x bluray drives should cost quite a bit less.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Go

I notcied the 160gb was 200 on amazon recently

I also thought that might be the sort of price I'd move in on. (and 160gb is fine, I'm not going to music or movies on it I don' think). But just checked again and it's up a 235

3. Richard 81

Down to £200?

I was going to comment on that being way too much anyway, but a very quick bit of research would suggest you'd be a mug for buying a PS3 at the current £300 RRP anyway.

The RRP for the current XBox 360 is less, but the PS3 (non-slim one) seems to actually sell for less.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

So a secondhand PS3 is cheaper than a new XBox?

good scoop

4. johnnytruant

paying RRP is silly

I bought a 160GB PS3 complete with two games for £239 from Toysaurus a week ago. Game still have the 160GB listed at £199 (online only) although are currently showing as out of stock.

If the RRP drops to £200, it's possible some retailers could be selling at £150 or so.

5. Sandy106
    Meh

Still couldnt pay me enough

...to buy one after the PSN fiasco they just had. Definately not buying a PS4 either.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like